• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed liner in m1009?

forest522

All these examples are good ways to go. I used Herculiner on a pickup a few years back. Worked well but it seemed to wear poorly. But that was exposed to the weather (Pacific Northwest), ATV, wood and other junk in and out.

For the M1009 I am working on now, I stripped out the interior, wire wheeled and repaired rust spots, stripped/cleaned and prepped, then applied POR15 over the front passenger area. Next was a coating of spray on bedliner and rubberized undercoating. That is looking great for now.

Soon, once the exterior is ready for paint, I will spray the entire interior and exterior with Rapco Tan CARC subsitute. A rubber floor liner from LMC will be the final piece on the interior from firewall to tailgate.

Oh, I used the advice about the roof repair from HD as a liner in the doors and tailgate as well as the firewall.

I would have liked to have the money for the commercial spray in liners, but given the rest of the project, and the rubber mat going down, I didnt see a real need to spend the extra dough.

But, the pics of those that have spent the coin for it looks really good!

The short answer is your question and starting of this thread is pick you favorite look and your budget - be sure to clean and prep THOROUGHLY to assure your hard work stays on!

Cleptomaniac

Well I got my truck back from Line-X tonight. It is amazing!! They did the whole inside and the rocker panels! All in OD green! Couldn't be happier!
Will try to post pics tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks