• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Before I sell my M1009 (Injector pump)

I_Publius

More and more my IP is giving me troubles. I have to keep bottles of water in the truck and pour over the IP each time, if I turn the engine off, when warm, for more than 30 mins.

Although I love the truck, I can't keep worrying about this truck leaving me stranded and I also don't want to keep pouring $$ into a truck that won't go over 55-65 mph.....

Any suggestions about work arounds for the overheating IP issue? I just looked the part up on line with NAPA and they want $700+ for a re-mfg IP. Uggg!!!!

Maybe just pull the engine and put a 4BT or something similar?

Sorry to rant...I know this has been covered a million times...but I thought I'd check and see if I missed anything in the notes.

thanks, from North Texas.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey - I am not a mechanic, but I pulled my IP off and sent it out for rebuild, and then re-installed the rebuilt unit myself. It wasn't easy, but I wrote down every step I took and then installed the rebuilt pump in reverse order. After it was over and done, I kinda enjoyed the whole process. There are plenty of threads on SS about how to do it properly. Don't give up on your truck because of a simple fix.

Attachments

I_Publius

Thanks to all.....

I'll take a breath and rethink through everything tomorrow! :)

I like the idea of rebuilding it myself...may have to consider that.

I'll reach out to K9Vic tomorrow, as well.

thanks again....

lostintexas

Good luck with the IP. There is a place I remember a thread on around Houston that was suggested by a couple of users here. Seems like price was ~$300 for the rebuild. Hang in there and shoot me a PM if you ever decide to sell :)

Publius, Theres a company on fleabay that will rebuilt ur pump for 255 out of Tennessee that includes shipping both ways. Ive had 2 done and very happy. Even had them turnup pump 10% for the military trucks. Pm me if you need contact info.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For a few hundred dollars and a few hours of quality time with your truck, you can alleviate all the problems and cruise at 70 again. While I like 4BT swaps, you have an easy fix on your hands vs re-engineering a truck.

I_Publius

Sweet. That could seal the deal, right there. Although I would love to switch out and put in a 4BT, I would rather just stick with this one until it's completely dead.

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

I cruise with no problems at 70-75mph in my 09 daily (when I do drive it). It purrs like a well oiled sewing machine. You should have no problems getting to those speeds with a properly running truck.

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

Don't give up on her, they are really great vehicles, once you get the kinks worked out; get your IP rebuilt and youll be surprised at how well it drives on the highway or at speed. Have you verified you have original gearing in the rear at 3:08?

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

If it is truly stock, you should have 3:08 gearing both front and back, if that is the case your speeds will be as described. I have no problems driving 80mph on the highway but usually keep it at about 70 to 75.

rsh4364

Publius, Theres a company on fleabay that will rebuilt ur pump for 255 out of Tennessee that includes shipping both ways. Ive had 2 done and very happy. Even had them turnup pump 10% for the military trucks. Pm me if you need contact info.
Im ready to pull the trigger on a rebuilt IP,injectors,return lines,Can you PM me the contact info? Thanks.