• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Before I sell my M1009 (Injector pump)

I_Publius

More and more my IP is giving me troubles. I have to keep bottles of water in the truck and pour over the IP each time, if I turn the engine off, when warm, for more than 30 mins.

Although I love the truck, I can't keep worrying about this truck leaving me stranded and I also don't want to keep pouring $$ into a truck that won't go over 55-65 mph.....

Any suggestions about work arounds for the overheating IP issue? I just looked the part up on line with NAPA and they want $700+ for a re-mfg IP. Uggg!!!!

Maybe just pull the engine and put a 4BT or something similar?

Sorry to rant...I know this has been covered a million times...but I thought I'd check and see if I missed anything in the notes.

thanks, from North Texas.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey - I am not a mechanic, but I pulled my IP off and sent it out for rebuild, and then re-installed the rebuilt unit myself. It wasn't easy, but I wrote down every step I took and then installed the rebuilt pump in reverse order. After it was over and done, I kinda enjoyed the whole process. There are plenty of threads on SS about how to do it properly. Don't give up on your truck because of a simple fix.

Attachments

I_Publius

Thanks to all.....

I'll take a breath and rethink through everything tomorrow! :)

I like the idea of rebuilding it myself...may have to consider that.

I'll reach out to K9Vic tomorrow, as well.

thanks again....

lostintexas

Good luck with the IP. There is a place I remember a thread on around Houston that was suggested by a couple of users here. Seems like price was ~$300 for the rebuild. Hang in there and shoot me a PM if you ever decide to sell :)

Publius, Theres a company on fleabay that will rebuilt ur pump for 255 out of Tennessee that includes shipping both ways. Ive had 2 done and very happy. Even had them turnup pump 10% for the military trucks. Pm me if you need contact info.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For a few hundred dollars and a few hours of quality time with your truck, you can alleviate all the problems and cruise at 70 again. While I like 4BT swaps, you have an easy fix on your hands vs re-engineering a truck.

I_Publius

Sweet. That could seal the deal, right there. Although I would love to switch out and put in a 4BT, I would rather just stick with this one until it's completely dead.

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

I cruise with no problems at 70-75mph in my 09 daily (when I do drive it). It purrs like a well oiled sewing machine. You should have no problems getting to those speeds with a properly running truck.

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

Don't give up on her, they are really great vehicles, once you get the kinks worked out; get your IP rebuilt and youll be surprised at how well it drives on the highway or at speed. Have you verified you have original gearing in the rear at 3:08?

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

If it is truly stock, you should have 3:08 gearing both front and back, if that is the case your speeds will be as described. I have no problems driving 80mph on the highway but usually keep it at about 70 to 75.

rsh4364

Publius, Theres a company on fleabay that will rebuilt ur pump for 255 out of Tennessee that includes shipping both ways. Ive had 2 done and very happy. Even had them turnup pump 10% for the military trucks. Pm me if you need contact info.
Im ready to pull the trigger on a rebuilt IP,injectors,return lines,Can you PM me the contact info? Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks