• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Code - Home Depot Update 2019

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
My store wont. I just made 4 gallons 383 green and 4 gallons 686 tan from stored account info. I tried to cross reference the lusterless deep forest that another SS member was asking about but it wouldn't find it.
They are giving you a BS line, I went into my store the other day and said cross these numbers via federal standard.

Typical $7.25 workers being lazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramdough

I had a lady on the phone look up and confirm she can find FS numbers. Then the “manager, that had been there 20 years” could not help at all.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Exactly, don’t get me wrong, when I served the public no one enjoyed a challenging customer especially during a rush but at the end of the day good customer service and the accomplish-anything attitude made for a loyal customer base that traveled with me from location to location

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought within the last 2 weeks FS 16473 looked up by the code. Leave the fs off. 16473 was the color . Thus was in the new system. They also still had access to the old system

Explorer0863

They can look it up by the FS code.

Varies. I pay $40 a gallon plus the catalyst hardener you have to get from an automotive store or tractor supply. Some home depots have it.
I don't have a HD near me so I went to my local SW. I explained what I was looking for and the FS codes. The guy told me: "I've been working here 25 years and never heard of it". Do you have the telephone number of your store so I can call them and ask how to do the FS codes search in the computer system? I want to go back to the store, explain the guy how to do it and get the paint.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I don't have a HD near me so I went to my local SW. I explained what I was looking for and the FS codes. The guy told me: "I've been working here 25 years and never heard of it". Do you have the telephone number of your store so I can call them and ask how to do the FS codes search in the computer system? I want to go back to the store, explain the guy how to do it and get the paint.
He has to look it up by competitors color and use FS and the number.

My sherwin williams

Attachments

aslanperro

I went to HD, Lowes close to my house and neither person there can find it.

I had to go across town to do other shopping and thought let me try a HD there. The lady, at whatever screen and the first one she brought up, put in the number 34052 and it shows right up. Great, I asked for small sample in flat. Walked around the store to shop and back there in 10 mins to pick up but couldn't find it so I thought they missed the order or someone else picked mine up.

Asked the guy there to do another one (previous lady was on break), he brought up several different screens and he just couldn't find it !! I told him I will wait for lady back from break. Then I walked by a desk little further away and found the sample can I asked for!

Explorer0863

He has to look it up by competitors color and use FS and the number.

My sherwin williams
My local SW store didn't help, which is unfortunate because they are about a 10 minute drive from me. So I drove 2 hours to the nearest HD. Explained what I was looking for, he checked the system, found the codes and made me the paint. That easy. I guess that it all depends on the experience level of the employees or the desire to help a customer.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that Home Depot has changed system, does anyone have an update? Are they finding the correct colors? Sherwin Williams time?
If you look at the picture in the post directly above yours, you will see "fss 33446 - THD21-273296". The first part of that is Federal Supply Service, and the second part id 33446, with the first digit meaning the finish (1-gloss, 2-semi-gloss, 3-flat), the next digit being the primary color (3-brown, 4-green) and the last three digits being the shade. The third part is the codes for that batch of paint. Does not matter what system they have, if it has 'competitive paints', it will have FSS (usually about 5 or 6 screens down from the top), which, when selected will bring up a screen with two fields to be filled in, the first reserved for the 'name' and the second for the number. The number is all that is needed. They enter the number and press the 'enter' key and they should be ready to mix up the paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks