• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

wsucougarx

Did some touch up on the M923 today. Painted just the bumper with Behr paint. I didn't match the paint to this truck but just used my formulas. Matches pretty well with the rest of the truck. The truck was CARC'd in 10/09. The bumper was a mess with all kinds of units markings and GL rattlecan censorship. So it was time to get rid of the GL artwork;-)

Attachments

Olywadan

@wsucougarx, don't know if it was discussed before but I bought another gallon of the behr paint using your original codes and Home Depot/Behr changed up their codes so they can't match it 100%. They said they can match the paint from a sample or try to get close enough to the original. I opted for the guess and it came out pretty close. It goes on super light, almost a lime-ish color but dries darker.

Attachments

wsucougarx

Looks like my '68..LOL. Just keep in mind. You'll get dark streaks after the first couple rains. After the dry paint gets "rinsed" the dark streaks will go away;-). Truck looks great!!

wsucougarx

@wsucougarx, don't know if it was discussed before but I bought another gallon of the behr paint using your original codes and Home Depot/Behr changed up their codes so they can't match it 100%. They said they can match the paint from a sample or try to get close enough to the original. I opted for the guess and it came out pretty close. It goes on super light, almost a lime-ish color but dries darker.
Thanks for the heads up. I've been getting PM's of guys saying the same thing. Seems the tints changed. I'm on my last gallon of paint so I'll have to get some more paint in the coming weeks.

HASSON1911

So im curious about doing this to my truck using exterior latex house paint. but I'm wondering how you guys do under the box and under carriage, also in between the cab and box? Oh, and one more thing is there such thing as a choco camo in a woodland color scheme? or say multicam? I kinda want something with white in it, because I believe theres more white in woods and praries than one might think.

Scrounge41

So im curious about doing this to my truck using exterior latex house paint. but I'm wondering how you guys do under the box and under carriage, also in between the cab and box? Oh, and one more thing is there such thing as a choco camo in a woodland color scheme? or say multicam? I kinda want something with white in it, because I believe theres more white in woods and praries than one might think.
There has been a lively discussion on here about the benefits and drawbacks of the different types of paint spray guns. Depending on your budget, I understand others have had good results using only the gravity feed inexpensive guns from Harbor Fleece. Personally I would try and locate either a pressure pot setup or an airless rig to do the underside. If you take your cab roof off you should be able to spray with your gun about as far as you will be able to see. Another option would be just to roll the areas with a hot dog roller. A tip a painter once showed me was, before you use a roller with nap, stretch out a length of masking tape and step on one end with your foot and hold the other in your hand. Then take the roller mounted on the frame and roll it back and forth on the sticky side of the tape. It takes the loose fibers off of the new roller so they don't end up in your paint job. Good luck.

EWhytsell

I tried going to home depot, lowes, and two types of sherwin williams stores and got no where with the paint guys. They looked all told me they can only make paint if I take a sample and put it in their kiosk thingy. They dont seem to know how to actually operate their mixers in my area. So I ende.d up. ordering from rapco and all is good

seabeeut

can you give me info on this paint...brand,color,paintcodes.

im priming my truck tomorrow and hopefully painting it this week but im very skepticle about using this behrs paint.
Post 87 off this thread has a pic of my paint code, post 135 is my truck
If you read ALL the post's on this thread and remember to test out the paint on something to get used to it you won't have any problems.
I did very little prep just washed the truck with TSP and started shooting
If I had spent more time preping the paint would have looked even better but I was going for a decent green truck not show quailty.
I like the fact that I can keep working spots that are rough just sand and shoot again.
Biggest thing LET IT DRY!!!!!! 5 ta 7 days in good warm weather.

sparepartsracing

I'm priming my entire carb with rust inhibitor tomorrow. Then im going to shoot the cab green, i love your color. Not making a show truck by any means. Its supposed to rain monday-wednesday so i will just park it in my shop with the heat around 70 degrees i suppose will be okay.

seabeeut

I'm priming my entire carb with rust inhibitor tomorrow. Then im going to shoot the cab green, i love your color. Not making a show truck by any means. Its supposed to rain monday-wednesday so i will just park it in my shop with the heat around 70 degrees i suppose will be okay.
that would be fine I painted mine outside in 50-60 deg temps and 40 deg overnights
and just tarped it when the rain came.
I have no indoor storage and mine is fine.
Good luck and don't forget some pic's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks