• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

JoshHefnerX

Streaks are surfactants in the paint coming out. A wash or couple of rains would clear it. Normally the wood would soak that up, but the surfaces we are putting it on are non porous.

Another Ahab

Streaks are surfactants in the paint coming out. A wash or couple of rains would clear it. Normally the wood would soak that up, but the surfaces we are putting it on are non porous.
You sound like you know paint, JoshHefnerX.

Where did you pick all that up? Just reading, or are you a painter or something?

Omaha M1028

I have been considering the Behr paint for the 3 color camo paint redo on my M1028 due to the ease of clean up and what members have posted of their vehicles. My question is, how does it hold up after a few years on a truck that is left out doors?

VenomInjected

1967 Kaiser-Jeep M-715 tub painted 24052 USMC Forest Green (Behr Premium Plus Ultra.... in matte)
Wagner power sprayer.... no thin, paint% maxed out vs. little air... which caused it to go on THICK... a full gallon on just the tub... but it also gave it that hammered CARC like finish almost. Happy so far... we'll see how it hardens up.

Tub Painted.jpgTub Painted2.jpgTub Painted3.jpg

Last edited:

jmb6741

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_3538.jpgIMG_3540.jpgIMG_3541.jpg

Behr special! Still have to finish some odds and ends but coming along nicely.
I color matched from a fresh looking bridge weight plate.

Cecilsan

Hey all! This may seem like a dumb question but I came across this thread while doing research for my paint job.

I plan on repainting my Ural Gear-Up sidecar motorcycle this summer while doing other maintenance work to it and it seems like this Behr method is the way to go. My question is to the people that went back with a camo design. Did you mask off and paint each color in their own areas or did you do a base coat of green first, then layer the camo pattern on top? Does the Behr have any issues with layering different colors on it? Sounds really dumb but I've not had a lot of multi-color/design painting experience.

(also, amazing work on all these paint jobs, hope mine comes out looking that good)

Another Ahab

Hey all! This may seem like a dumb question but I came across this thread while doing research for my paint job.

I plan on repainting my Ural Gear-Up sidecar motorcycle this summer while doing other maintenance work to it and it seems like this Behr method is the way to go. My question is to the people that went back with a camo design. Did you mask off and paint each color in their own areas or did you do a base coat of green first, then layer the camo pattern on top? Does the Behr have any issues with layering different colors on it? Sounds really dumb but I've not had a lot of multi-color/design painting experience.

(also, amazing work on all these paint jobs, hope mine comes out looking that good)
A first post! Greetings, accordingly. This one's from Virginia.

We all got together and talked. We're excited you're here and that you came with an excellent question.

But we tabled a motion.

And it passed unanimously:

No response.

Not one.

Until you post a pic of the Ural.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

We all got together and talked. We're excited you're here and that you came with an excellent question.

But we tabled a motion.

No response.

From what I've seen most do the green base then go back over with black and brown.
For the record, there were a few who walked in late....

Last edited:

Cecilsan

But we tabled a motion.
No response.
Not one.
HA! Ask and you shall receive. From the factory, the Gear-Ups come with a camo paint scheme but the factory paint jobs aren't the best, durability wise. Also the previous owner didn't keep up with washing off the road salt and its got several spots of rust

Capture55.JPG Capture56.jpg

randygk

I found doing the green first then brown and black worked fine. However, the later areas are better than the starting areas, so practice a lot. Will need two coats of each color and getting the gun set up right makes a big difference. No masking needed.

Another Ahab

HA! Ask and you shall receive. From the factory, the Gear-Ups come with a camo paint scheme but the factory paint jobs aren't the best, durability wise. Also the previous owner didn't keep up with washing off the road salt and its got several spots of rust
View attachment 664901
Oh, Man; that's sweet! Thanks for the pic.

What's that "shroud" over the port-side piston; is that a rifle-mount, or maybe some kind of knee-guard?

PS I think maybe you might have just a l-i-t-t-l-e more tire pump than you need for your bike there. You know; just sayin'.... :whistle:

bike.jpg

Cecilsan

Oh, Man; that's sweet! Thanks for the pic.
What's that "shroud" over the port-side piston; is that a rifle-mount, or maybe some kind of knee-guard?
PS I think maybe you might have just a l-i-t-t-l-e more tire pump than you need for your bike there. You know; just sayin'.... :whistle:
View attachment 664902
Its a rock/knee guard. Helps a little to keep your knees from getting hit by debris and branches when going off road. There's one on each side.

two.fiveM35

I just did my first camo paint job. I painted it all green, then went with Rapco Can brown and then with Rapco can flat black. I used Rapco because of the nozzle. IMG_0657.jpgIMG_0658.jpgYou will need to do a couple coats. In the past Behr has held up very well, this is the first time I have added Rapco over it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks