• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Being evicted, need help moving... Atlanta, Ga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

Due to circumstances beyond our control.
My family & I are being evicted from our home.

Would any of you with a pickup (do not think I would need a deuce)
Be able to help us move just a few blocks/few miles away?

Perhaps some time during next week (like about Wednesday the 3rd...)

If not, does anyone have a trailer I can borrow, that can safely & mechanically,
be towed by my M1009?

Either way, it should not take more then 2-3 loads of stuff to move...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and I would be glad to return the favor when you need one.

Thank you, have a good day,

CJ

Scarecrow1

I am so sorry to hear of you and your family having to go threw this nightmare ..I am too far away to do you any good but You will be in my prayers .My trailer was stolen last year and my new one hasn't cleared the euc mess yet but if you send me your new address in an E-Mail I may be able to help out a little in another way ..Keep the faith my friend I have been there too .....

WOLFMAN1

sorry cyclejay. everytime you turn around something jumps up and bites you in the arse. hope you find help and i wish you and your family goodluck. its getting colder and being thrown out is the wrong way to make ends meet. sorry i'm not closer. take care:nothingfunny:

wsucougarx

Sorry to hear about the misfortune. This is becoming an all too often thing I have been seeing around here. I too will keep you in my prayers tonight. Take each day one at a time and keep your head up high. Things will get better.

CycleJay

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the prayers and kind words.
I am just trying to do the best I can for my family, but I keep getting hit from all directions.
If it is not one thing, it is another.. And I have done nothing bad enough to deserve any
of this.

Have a good night,

CJ

zout

I know what troublesome times feel like on a person with all the responsibility - and I was curious how this was all working out for you - especially when another member here has a 1009 for sale and you are offering him 1/2 the amount on it ?

Just wondering if you had some luck and won some lottery money to where you could offer to purchase another truck (did not see you had already sold yours) for half of what he is listing it for.

CycleJay

Hello Zout,

No, I have not won the lottery.
And as far as I know, I have not offered to buy anyones M1009 here,
since I already own one, and I need to sell mine to try to pay some bills.

Also, if someone was selling their vehicle, I would prefer to pay what they are asking,
instead of being so rude as to offer them half what they are asking.

Besides, whether or not I sell my truck, at this very moment, I have NO money to
buy anything, much less pay rent here when it comes due right before they throw us out.

Please send me a link to where you saw me make this offer,
so I can see what you are talking about..

Thank you..

CJ

P.s. I know there is another Steel Soldiers member here with the initials CJ,
perhaps it was him that made the offer.

CycleJay

ColdWarrior,

Thank you for the message and the kind words..
You are correct, I am trying to do the best I can for my family, in this economy.
But every time I turn around lately, something else bad happens, beyond my control.

I could go on forever, and explain, so everyone here understands, exactly whats happening.

But that would be a novel.

I just gave out the basics, and even though brief, that is pretty much it..

Keep praying, thank you, have a good day, God bless all of you for your kind words
and prayers, please keep them coming.

Good day,

CJ

P.s. I am down, and I am getting tired of still being kicked.. Grrrrr...

beanman1

the phone number that called me was 404 536 0313 if its yours man up if its not then srry about the intrusion upon further investigation though isnt this your girlfriend number

L999here

..with all due respect..

Gentlemen...this MV brother has asked for assistance. Whether or not you can assist,this is neither the time nor place to continue another discussion,especially when it concerns his money-matters. Either offer your condolences,assistance or a positive message. It demeans us all to be petty in a public forum...in my opinion.

dc3coyote

CJ if you find work in FL in the clearwater area, I will be glad to help you out with a place. I have a deadbeat renter right now.
Also you can call my mom and pick up some more work.

zout

Gentlemen...this MV brother has asked for assistance. Whether or not you can assist,this is neither the time nor place to continue another discussion,especially when it concerns his money-matters. Either offer your condolences,assistance or a positive message. It demeans us all to be petty in a public forum...in my opinion

Rely to my fellow member:
I for one do not want to turn anyones thread into an off topic subject.
Not everyone that has money to purchase an MV is my "brother". Personally it takes a little common sense to know what you are getting into - and myabe a little skill and "liquid" cash to be able to support it.

As far as just "fluffing" or "stroking" someone just so I do not hurt their feelings when they threw the cards on the table by posting their predicament is not my issue. What is the issue is something you are not aware of.

This is a MV related forum and this was out of line to begin with to post - there are other forums to post this - as in State Agencies. Posting you are broke down and asking for help is a whole different story and rightly deserving. Need a jump - ran out of fuel - insurance problems - truck got towed - dead battery - need to move is a whole nother matter.

If you could not take seeing the other side of an issue to make someone feel better is not the issue.

I personally have not met nor looked someone in the eye from the SS site since I have recently met a few at the Ga Rally - then weigh the credability of someone that you might trust off that - I would bend over backwards for a member - if righteously deserving it - but I am responsible to whom I choose to limit my time to help.

As far as out of a job and no place to live - I posted here a couple months back a job opening I had to help anyone needing one - and yes a member from here was hired before I posted an ad in the paper - just to give someone a chance - by the way I have not regretted that decision. I belive I got not call from whom posted they were hurting.

End of my discussion on this thread and it should be closed as I mentioned to a mod in a pm earlier today.
If you do not want to know something was fishy and out of place with someones posting - this member will not mention anything.

Personally I will ban myself as I know I had to have hurt someones feelings see ya in 60 days - those who know me have my email. Now a mod can delete this.

ABN173

Hi guys,

I am stranded at work, and need to get home.
Can someone do me a favor and bring me a few gallons of diesel?

I would have gotten filled today, but my paycheck bounced when I tried
to cash it today.

It is 10:54 pm, and I just want to get home, I been here since 11am..

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or even a tow home would help.
Either way is fine by me..

I am in the Chamblee area, a couple of blocks down from PDK airport,
and need to go to Smyrna, I-75/Windy Hill, I-75 exit 260 area.

And I do not have enough gas to get to the nearest diesel station,
much less enough money to even buy any.

Can anyone help me out?? Please pm me here, asap.

Thank you..

CJ

P.s. I could pay you back in a day or so when I get my pay..
Hi all,

I got stopped by the police, this past Friday morning about 2:14am for NOT having a license plate light.

This weekend I bought one at Advance Auto that should work well,
so that way I do not get stopped again for not having one.

But is there anyone in the Atlanta area that can assist me with
installing this thing?

All I need someone to do is tell me which one of those wires underneath,
the back end, I could splice the license plate light into, so it will come on
when I turn on the headlights and taillights.

Everything else I can do, I bought the light, splices, butt connectors,
& a spool of wire that matches in gauge to the power wire coming out
of the light.

Also, I need to borrow a drill if I could, to drill the light mounting holes into the tailgate, which I already have marked off,and center punched, ready to drill.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and I will owe ya one.

By the way, I need to get this done by this coming Thursday........
Because Thursday & Friday nights I work late sometimes.

Thank you, God bless you,

CJ
Hi all,
Does anyone have any odd jobs I can work on this weekend?
(Sept. 11th-12th)

My rent is due Tuesday, or my family and I (gf & kids) will be out on the street.

So I need the cash, but I am willing to work for it. I do not want a handout.

Please let me know...

Thank you, God bless you...

CJ
Hi all,

Is there anyone in the Atlanta area, that can help me get my truck running?

I just replaced the fuel filter, now I need a jump start.

If so, please email, pm, or call me..

I am at work now, it is 1:34pm.

phone numbers: 770-457-4455 work
770-952-6966 rm # 158, ask for Mr. Sanders
404-536-0313 gf's cell.

Any help would be appreciated, especially if you have slave cables.

Thank you,

Jay
aka
CycleJay
aka
CJ
Hi all,

Does anyone in the Atlanta area have a set of slave cables,
and can help me get my M1009 jump started?

Any and all help would be appreciated,
and I will owe you one and be glad to help you in the future.

Please let me know, thank you, have a good day,

CJ
CJ,

I am sorry to hear of your plight, but I can't help but observe a pattern here. I know guys that have lost their jobs and loved ones that don't ask for as much as you seem to do on a regular basis. I will probably get misunderstood by many in making this this post. I am not bashing you, but I think you need to make some some serious life changes. Either you are living beyond your means or have made bad financial decisions (which tends to be a bad habit we all go through at some point in our lives). Sometimes we get dealt a bad hand or feel we have bad luck in life. Being 40 years of age I have been around long enough to know good and bad times come and go with little regard for what situation we are in at the time. Sometimes we have to buckle down and do whatever it takes to change our luck for the better.

I have been through some rough times myself and I currently support my Mother so she does not lose her own home, and have been doing so for many years now. This puts a strain on me and my family constantly but we manage. If you need more training to get a better job there are programs out there some like "JobCorps" will even pay you during training or provide a living quarters allowance. If you want send me a pm about your situation and I will put some ideas together and try to find some government programs that would help you and your particular situation.

Again this is not a personal attack, If I was still at FT Benning I would drive up to help you myself, but I'm across the country now. Hang in there and buckle down these times will pass, good luck and my prayers go out to to you.

-Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks