• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Thing You've Found in Your CUCV

rnd-motorsports

My last one had the decomision papers and service records along with about a dozen lifesaver cream mints in glove box rifle racks and bottom half of the anttena whip behind seat a set of shoe laces and about $1.62 under seat and a rather large hornets nest with some very unfreindly inmates in between pass door and front fender!

McCluskey

Found a '65 Quarter, a severely corroded CR123 battery, a jack (no handle, grr!), a full spare, and someone stuffed a Frisbee under the driver seat! Score!

83GMCK2500

Haven't gotten it totally unloaded but there was this neat set of tow hooks. I'd love to know what they're from, would like another pair. Have found lots of the little MRE Tabasco bottles.

Judge Blue

I didnt see anything in my truck when i bought it a couple of years ago but there was a rat living under the dash and he ate my whole wiring harness. So i guess i recieved a little extra. almost have everything replaced now. gotta love a goverment ratt!!

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
mine came with 2 sets of bridge plate numbers and some 1986 juicyfruit bubble gum wrappers stuffed into a corner of the dome shell :) wish it would of came with a jack set i need a set for mine :(

Lurchwolf

Hi guys! Just picked up a neglected M1008. Wow, I found some neat stuff! A crusty old 34 battery, camo net, Hummer HF antenna and mount, military radio external speaker, a seashell (yes, a seashell), TM for an articulated tractor, gaskets, set of 8 glows NIB, the original rear axle in the bed (New one and driveshaft installed), 2 new commercial big random batteries (Now in truck) cig butts, candy wrappers, etc.

And one massive mess of discombobulated wiring I had to fix.

83GMCK2500

Hi guys! Just picked up a neglected M1008. Wow, I found some neat stuff! A crusty old 34 battery, camo net, Hummer HF antenna and mount, military radio external speaker, a seashell (yes, a seashell), TM for an articulated tractor, gaskets, set of 8 glows NIB, the original rear axle in the bed (New one and driveshaft installed), 2 new commercial big random batteries (Now in truck) cig butts, candy wrappers, etc.

And one massive mess of discombobulated wiring I had to fix.
WHOA! WHOOOOOO found the seashell? :beer:

AgeOfDarkness94

ah don't you just love the little goodies the govn't left for us? My souvenir list from my '85 09 includes:

*jack/tool kit
*rusted out jumper cables dangling from spare tire carrier
* a condom wrapper used (dated 1999!)
*a roll of some kind of wire under the rear seat

several very p***ed off black widows and get this... a garder SNAKE (good thing im niether arachnaphobic nor afraid of snakes lol)

and probably at least a pound or more of iron oxide (Fe2O3) lol

hopefully whoever used that condom had the decency to DO their business outside the vehicle i can only hope since i only found the wrapper.... so far.....rofl

linx310

I found the following in mine:

Several 5.56 blanks un fired.
Several 5.56 rounds un fired.
Several different rank insignias
A supply tag for a jack but no jack
MRE rappers
Airsoft BBs
A condom rapper
Several moldy roaches under the rubber mat (not the bug kind either!)

Tons and tons of "moon sand"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks