• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Thing You've Found in Your CUCV

dilvoy

There always seems to be a different assortment of things to be found in a surplus CUCV. Generally junk, but I have found a few good things. In one M1009 there were about twenty flat magnets which would normally be used in for a sign that would be placed on a door of a truck for advertising. They measured about 4"x8". They had green duct tape on one side. I think they must have been used to cover up the identification markings. The best thing though, was a NATO jumper cable that was shortened to 6'. What have you all found?

Armada

A fully stocked GI first aid kit tucked under the rear gas can bracket, a 3/8 drive deep well socket in the seat hinge (seat works good now), couple cans of orange road marking paint, empty .223 magazine. And you're right lacoda, a spare and a jack are a bonus.

Dieselsmoke

Certainly not the best thing to find in a CUCV but I did find a bag of cocaine stuffed up under the driver seat on one of the 1009s I had!

rmgill

One of the guys on the ferret list imported his ferret from the UK and found a live Sterling SMG in his everyone said go drop it off at the local ATF office, the 10 years in jail wasn't worth the headache.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I found the following in the 1985 I had a couple of years ago:
Two jack handles, but no jack.
Two lug wrenches, but no spare tire.
Two funky old wet operators manuals.
Loose change and candy wrappers.
Air cleaner, decom bracket, 2 radio racks, tranny lines, tranny dipstick, scatter plate, and a partridge in the glovebox ;)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last one I got from Ft Stewart had an extra instrument cluster, extra right door (and no left door) 3 starters, 3 extra alternators several front axle shafts and calipers and one M2 Bradley manual is soaked condition.

kenny

All the records on it from sence it was new all the way till 40 miles before I bought it cramed in the glove box.I almost forgot the best thing I found was in my M1010. While camping with some friends we were all drinking by the river and when I went to sleep I woke up was a half dressed drunk chick getting in the wrong truck.I nicely told her she could stay but I did not think her boyfriend would like it.So I sent her to the lost and found.

appalacious

steelsoldiers said:
I found the following in the 1985 I had a couple of years ago:
Two jack handles, but no jack.
Two lug wrenches, but no spare tire.
Two funky old wet operators manuals.
Loose change and candy wrappers.
Air cleaner, decom bracket, 2 radio racks, tranny lines, tranny dipstick, scatter plate, and a partridge in the glovebox ;)
Dude, mine had two jacks, but no jack handles
A spare tire, but no lug wrenches

I kid you not.

Nothing else interesting in mine.
J

gasser

I wish I found something cool in my 1009; but I guess mine was the "lack-of-stuff". GL decided to use my truck as parts truck, so it came without a starter, alternators, battery trays, trans vacuum mod and switch, GP relay & solenoid, windows - and the list goes on. Heck, seems like everyday I find something that is missing. But what is weird, with all the stuff that was missing, GL still gave me a SF97 for it (thank god).
Today, with help of Magnus and others, it's running!

wyliek

my dash latch broke on a trip up to NY, after driving a few hours a brand new flashlight with good batterys appeared wen i tried to close to dash again....ill have to check the seats!

n3uka

I was happy to find a spare and jack in mine. The bonus was the half eaten MRE under the seat. They ate the vanilla cream wafers and left the boneless pork rib entree, mocha drink and tootsie roll.

Will have to look through it better to make sure no surprises.

85-m1028

I had to have a locksmith come and make me an ignition key so I could get the truck off the trailer, going through it I found a set of keys and one of them turned out to be the key for the door locks

wheelerphoto

I was pretty tickled that both of mine had spares, jacks, rifle racks, etc. One had a radio rack and the decomtamination set up. Each had a pair of tire chains (so I have all four for one now). There were also a couple of old wool blankets and...... a canvas boat cover. Don't ask me. ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks