• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Thing You've Found in Your CUCV

tymbom

I found a pair of Duece wheel and tires in the back of my M1008, along with a oil drain pan, and wheel chock. In the cab I found a set of keys with all the keys on it. It even had an ignition key on it. Behind the front seat was a fully charged fire extinguisher and flare kit.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the railroad M1008 I got a brand new set of triangles, a jack handle, but no jack, fire extinguiser, radio setup for a brick-type radio, and assorted dirt and debris. Glove box had a set of 8 brand new glowplugs...

I haven't even looked under the seats yet

lavarok

Best thing found was in my M1010, brand new 12' NATO slave cable with two of the pin adapters! I also found two lug wrenches and some triangles.

Jersey 93 Ty

My '84 came with 5 brand new glowplugs in the glovebox... still sitting in their individual boxes. It also had 3 half-empty quart bottles of trans fluid behind the drivers seat. The funniest was the 3 rags plus a plastic funnel that I dug out of the driver's side fender.

armytruck63

Nothing unusual found in my Blazer, but it did have the jack and lug wrench and a good spare.

I found an old (and thankfully still packaged) condom in the glove compartment of my Pinzgauer.

Somemedic

When I picked up my deuce from Camp Shelby they gave me all of the maintainence records from around 1980-on, and a floppy disk which I assume is the same.

While cleaning it out I found a drink box, looked like it was grape flavor. The box is in arabic.

Just found an extra window crank in it the other day, not sure how i missed it.

Croatan_Kid

In the GL listing pictures, there was a drain pan under the front of my M1008. The radiator cap was leaking, I put on a new one, it quit, and I had a new drain pan! :-D

I also got a whole book on maintainence records, extra keys, etc. The coolest part was it had gotten a brand new windshield right before it was DRMO'd. Also, the transmission, rear end, power steering system and anti-freeze were all flushed/filled ;-)

Nick Danger

Well in the 1009 I bought from blckdblnckl I found hotel keys to the coliseum motor inn
room 81. east meadow ny,,half a joint one, condom used! live ammo and a jack handle
must have been some weekend :roll:

ClockworkSkin

I feel pretty good about mine after reading this. I had 3 jacks, a jack handle, and a new triangle (no lug wrench though). In addition, the handle for my rear window was in the glove box with a crappy old pair of pliers. The spare was in the back (in good serviceable shape), and there was a spent 9mm round in the hole that the rear seat latch goes in. The last 2 things were a field officers cabinet for filing papers and some sort of bow set which I now believe to belong to a HMMVW. I actually need to get some pics of that up to see if someone can ID it for me.

Pawnshop

My M1009 had: a key in the ignition, an empty camo binder in the glove box, the inspection sheet that described why the truck was sent to DRMO for disposal, a jack, a jack handle (no spare or lug wrench) along with a flat tire, the bottom of a .50cal ammo can bolted to the fender well, three complete sets of triangles (no flares), a rubber drip catch pan (and an associated drip!), about 1" of mud in the back with a ruined -10 op manual concealed in the mud, an empty pop bottle (it came from Illinois so it is a POP bottle not a Coke bottle) and the entertaining bit was an empty 9mm NATO shell casing. And one of the batteries was a Hawker Armasafe (woo-hoo!).

evilk

I used my 5 ton a little before cleaning it. Got a little excited one day in the mud and twisted a universal. Well it was down I clean the cab. There was another universal, same size, under the passenger seat. Seams like one of the previous owners had done the same thing. That 602 is a monster.