• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Thing You've Found in Your CUCV

toddclaxton

I think I got lucky. I found a manual, chalk in the glove box, the strap for the back toop seats, first aid kit, fire extingguisher, Oragne road cautuion things in a box, and some wierd green rope with wha looks like green plastic bobby pics

ABN173

I think I got lucky. I found a manual, chalk in the glove box, the strap for the back toop seats, first aid kit, fire extingguisher, Oragne road cautuion things in a box, and some wierd green rope with wha looks like green plastic bobby pics
I bet the weird green rope with plastic pins is the type used to stitch camo netting together with.

toddclaxton

No in but on my truck

I did notice a few weird things on my truck. there are strips of Velcro around the front antenna bracket drivers side. They may have also been on passengers side. They are also on the heater box under the dash. Could they hve been to stick some netting on?

liftmeup

I found a waded up knot of dinar 120 to be exact and a partial jacks cigarette box with 2 ,7 digit #'s I belive to be phone #'s I researched them 1 is a kuwait nightclub the other is dissconnected.

Milkman357

M-1009

Mo NG truck had triangles, Short lug wrench, Brand new spare tire with mounting assembly, 1 qt of some kind of oil - engine I'd guess, Mismatched bad batteries. and a glove box stinking from the spilled bug repellent!

Scotty78

Lucky I guess... LOL

When I picked mine up I had: A black drivers seat, a brown passenger seat, a good spare, jack, jack handle, lug wrench, triangles, 3rd shop paperwork for a slew of deficiencies that were fixed before it was DRMO'd, a 30 round mag, a logbook, empty waterbottles, and 2 dollars in loose change. Never did find my rearview mirror........... LOL

Stihl029

arctic heater kit...or at least most of it missing the battery/cab heater and associated hoses. Oh and lots of rust and headaches.

Mark3395

My 1031 had a new 3/4 drive socket set, two big electric drills, a 3 ton comealong, big pipe wrench, low voltage circuit tester, brake bleeder, box of many brass fittings, toolbox with misc rusty tools, oxy and acetylene bottles, 2 regulators, and torch, welding hood and leather chaps (don't think it) Wilton vise, new torque multiplier, pulley puller, lotsa small screws, nuts, and bolts, bearing puller, and lotsa other small stuff I can't think of now. The stuff was worth more than I paid for the truck.

Had the jack, handle, etc, but no spare.

The truck has 2700 miles on it... no tears in the seat, no dust or scratches on the bezel etc. Seems to have been stored indoors for 15 years. Seems to have been pulled from service because of the gasser engine driving th e generator instead of running off the 6.2.

Oh, and lots of 'coon doots in back.

Last edited:

fal_shooter

I must be the luckiest guy in the world. I got my M1008 at Ft Louis, Wa and it was fully serviced when I picked it up. It even had a full tank of fuel and started on the first crank. I drove it home and didn't need to do a thing. It had less than 50K miles on it. It had a manual in the glove box, jack and 2 lug tools, 2 tow staps, 2 new batteries, road hazard kit, tire chains, fully stocked first aid kit, rifle racks, tire chock, new spare tire and a can of oil under the seat. It also had a civilian radio installed. It also has a nice camper top with a lockable hatch/door. From all the dust in it I thank it came from Yakima which would explain the total lack of rust. All in all the best $2300 bucks I ever spent on a vehicle. I drive it every day and am verry happy with it. The only issue I seem to have is it is a little hard to start in the morning but starts great the rest of the day.

Last edited:

ABN173

I must be the luckiest guy in the world. I got my M1008 at Ft Louis, Wa and it was fully serviced when I picked it up. It even had a full tank of fuel and started on the first crank. I drove it home and didn't need to do a thing. It had less than 50K miles on it. It had a manual in the glove box, jack and 2 lug tools, 2 tow staps, 2 new batteries, road hazard kit, tire chains, fully stocked first aid kit, rifle racks, tire chock, new spare tire and a can of oil under the seat. It also had a civilian radio installed. It also has a nice camper top with a lockable hatch/door. From all the dust in it I thank it came from Yakima which would explain the total lack of rust. All in all the best $2300 bucks I ever spent on a vehicle. I drive it every day and am verry happy with it. The only issue I seem to have is it is a little hard to start in the morning but starts great the rest of the day.
I had paid $1900 (before fees) for my M1008 from FT Lewis, similar story everything works well, a solid truck. Drip Pan, 2 Manuals, reflector set, and Jack set.

burbn10

I found 6 Black Widow spiders, a Brown Recluise spider, a Tinker Bell birthday card, and a bunch of random childrens clothing when I was on the way back home from buying my M1008. Thankfully the Black Widows were all hiding under the hood. Only the Brown Recluise came to visit me in the cab during my 30 hour drive home... Stopped at a gas station to bug bomb the truck and that's when I found all the kids clothes and birthday cards under the seat...

panama

Besides 25 years of dirt and dust inside the dashboard I found a spare door key while running down light/gauge problems...I thought I was lucky until I read some of the other posts!!