• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Thing You've Found in Your CUCV

tymbom

I found a pair of Duece wheel and tires in the back of my M1008, along with a oil drain pan, and wheel chock. In the cab I found a set of keys with all the keys on it. It even had an ignition key on it. Behind the front seat was a fully charged fire extinguisher and flare kit.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the railroad M1008 I got a brand new set of triangles, a jack handle, but no jack, fire extinguiser, radio setup for a brick-type radio, and assorted dirt and debris. Glove box had a set of 8 brand new glowplugs...

I haven't even looked under the seats yet

lavarok

Best thing found was in my M1010, brand new 12' NATO slave cable with two of the pin adapters! I also found two lug wrenches and some triangles.

Jersey 93 Ty

My '84 came with 5 brand new glowplugs in the glovebox... still sitting in their individual boxes. It also had 3 half-empty quart bottles of trans fluid behind the drivers seat. The funniest was the 3 rags plus a plastic funnel that I dug out of the driver's side fender.

armytruck63

Nothing unusual found in my Blazer, but it did have the jack and lug wrench and a good spare.

I found an old (and thankfully still packaged) condom in the glove compartment of my Pinzgauer.

Somemedic

When I picked up my deuce from Camp Shelby they gave me all of the maintainence records from around 1980-on, and a floppy disk which I assume is the same.

While cleaning it out I found a drink box, looked like it was grape flavor. The box is in arabic.

Just found an extra window crank in it the other day, not sure how i missed it.

Croatan_Kid

In the GL listing pictures, there was a drain pan under the front of my M1008. The radiator cap was leaking, I put on a new one, it quit, and I had a new drain pan! :-D

I also got a whole book on maintainence records, extra keys, etc. The coolest part was it had gotten a brand new windshield right before it was DRMO'd. Also, the transmission, rear end, power steering system and anti-freeze were all flushed/filled ;-)

Nick Danger

Well in the 1009 I bought from blckdblnckl I found hotel keys to the coliseum motor inn
room 81. east meadow ny,,half a joint one, condom used! live ammo and a jack handle
must have been some weekend :roll:

ClockworkSkin

I feel pretty good about mine after reading this. I had 3 jacks, a jack handle, and a new triangle (no lug wrench though). In addition, the handle for my rear window was in the glove box with a crappy old pair of pliers. The spare was in the back (in good serviceable shape), and there was a spent 9mm round in the hole that the rear seat latch goes in. The last 2 things were a field officers cabinet for filing papers and some sort of bow set which I now believe to belong to a HMMVW. I actually need to get some pics of that up to see if someone can ID it for me.

Pawnshop

My M1009 had: a key in the ignition, an empty camo binder in the glove box, the inspection sheet that described why the truck was sent to DRMO for disposal, a jack, a jack handle (no spare or lug wrench) along with a flat tire, the bottom of a .50cal ammo can bolted to the fender well, three complete sets of triangles (no flares), a rubber drip catch pan (and an associated drip!), about 1" of mud in the back with a ruined -10 op manual concealed in the mud, an empty pop bottle (it came from Illinois so it is a POP bottle not a Coke bottle) and the entertaining bit was an empty 9mm NATO shell casing. And one of the batteries was a Hawker Armasafe (woo-hoo!).

evilk

I used my 5 ton a little before cleaning it. Got a little excited one day in the mud and twisted a universal. Well it was down I clean the cab. There was another universal, same size, under the passenger seat. Seams like one of the previous owners had done the same thing. That 602 is a monster.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks