• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

davesgmc

dave c, i need 3 50ton air filter assy and an 800 series hood, hood is more inportant to me actually. and maybe some 5 ton front fenders,,,good tops anyhow so i can chop em up. le me know if any of that is there and how much. i am just too darned busy with eastwind stuff coming up and still working 12 hours a day, 5 days a week.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Well me and sparky are going to be making a trip out there for my tires and rims, so if anyone needs anything else back hauled along I70 we can possible do the hauling and the picking of the parts. Date has yet to be set but I'm thinking a weekend run leave friday night be there saturday morning run is whats going to end up happening because we both have saturday and sundays off. sunday being a day to rest from the run all night friday night then running non-stop saturday, with a 12 hour drive both ways.

davesgmc

glen do you ahve any 800 series 5 ton hoods in good shape?
how about 5 ton fender mount air cleaner assemblies? need 3 of them, on can be with no brakets and crappy, gonna make a mial box out of it, other two going on elmo truck.

Flyingvan911

I have a fender mount 5 ton filter housing. I was going to experiment with a 5 ton filter on the deuce/LDS to see what difference it makes in power but it has lots of power already so I'm not going to worry about it. You can have it. I bead blasted it and cleaned it up nice before priming it with Rust Bullets then brown Rustoleum primer over that.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
day late and a dollar short

glen do you ahve any 800 series 5 ton hoods in good shape?
how about 5 ton fender mount air cleaner assemblies? need 3 of them, on can be with no brakets and crappy, gonna make a mial box out of it, other two going on elmo truck.
Dave T you should have called I just got back from out there. I could have pulled but not transported as I was in the soul.
No duce tail gates but lots of trailers, still a few 800 hoods and air cleaners.

Attachments

indy4x4fab

Banned
Man may be its not such a good idea for me and sparky to make the trip out there................................... we will end up homeless because we will come home with so much stuff that our women will kill us.

I wonder how much he wants for the m989a1 trailer, and the m105 covers, and the m101s................ I bet I could fit a m101 and one of those hard top m105s in the bed of that m989a1, and still have room to back haul everyone else stuff.

Last edited:

davesgmc

I could swing out that way on a weekend day osmetime to pick up a hood and a few air cleaners if thats possible? i cna drag anyhting else back to kc at the same time if need be.

dave c,,,,you are just too hard to get ahold of by phone,,,you and your majic hidden cel phone number....do you even ahve a cel phone? i dont even know what it is.

RAYZER

Wish there were yards like that around here! There not scraping those two m146 trailers in the background are they?? That would make me cry if they did.:-(

Last edited:

91W350

Man, I am looking hard for a cheap 101 and extra 105 and you guys are scrapping them... Dern my location.
Everybody looks at those and wants them cheap. I try to be nice, but the sorry truth is that you can probably buy a nice 101 or 105 on Ebay cheaper than I can sell it to you. Tire and iron value makes it hard to sell trailers. I have sold a few 101s, but no 105s have left us yet. I sold a personal 105 trailer to Karl Kostner, one that I bought on my personal account, but I would have done better selling the tires, top and iron. People naturally think cheap at salvage yards, but in this market, cheap is a relative term. Glen

timothy11

Banned
Big scrap guys can make money off scrap. I haul for omni to foundries when im not doung transport. They specialize in scrap and can make big bucks off our scrap. Id love a 146 but dont think i can buy one off glen due to commercial scrap rates.

91W350

That is brutal to watch, he flips the trailer on its side, rips the aluminum boxes off and crushes the boxes and 820 beds together. Three is about all the Lebehrr wants to pick up. We send them nine on a semi trailer to the recovery shredder. The chassis goes separate, usually as a base for other iron. If he crushes loose iron into a trailer frame, it helps hold the bundle together. We found that bolster trailers work great for that. I pull the good 900s and sell them. A 146 is pretty valuable to us, sadly...

KsM715

I spent the better of today out at Glens. Excellent day for pulling parts. Not freezing cold, Not burning hot, nice breeze. The only problem is everything is so spread out. I spentmore time walking back and fourth for tools than I did spinning wrenches. I was only able to get a few small items but it was well worth the trip. Theres so much there that could be saved but that takes alot of time and money.

While I had my head in the footwell of one truck trying to remove the cab vent (which I failed to remove) I heard a familiar sound, I'm former USAF and knew right away that was no commercial airliner I heard flying around, too bad my camera sucks and I only got the one shot.

Attachments

212sparky

Glen, do the springer seats have cushions? I will be riding out with Nick (indy4x4fab) and I need a seat as well as a hard top for my M35A2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks