• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

91W350

The seats will be no problem. The hardtop could be a problem. We had several with bowed roof tops and I planned to pull a few. I was too slow....

212sparky

That is ok. My hard top is bowed and the back wall is starting to get some pin hole, rust holes and was just wondering if you had some. Oh well, I am sure i will be out their again this fall.

Thanks,
Rob

212sparky

Glen, it was nice to meet you this weekend and cant wait for the next trip out there! I am saving so i can buy more parts and hopefully a set of 11 of those awesome G177 tires!

91W350

We had a few trailers come in this week!

I am beginning to understand why it is hard to find a yard that gives people free roam. I see that somebody went around and sniped all of the LED lights, but nobody mentioned it. I also see that the 101 tires pulled seem to have come off of the nicest 101 trailers in the lot. Kind of sad as I specifically asked people to leave the nice 101s alone.

Should see some more 923s in the next couple of weeks, 35 or so of them...

Attachments

that's really sad that people can't listen, follow the rules or not steal..........someone has always gotta frak things up for everyone.

What is so hard about

Don't take tires from the good trailers?

or

Don't steal parts?

frakkers..............

KsM715

that's really sad that people can't listen, follow the rules or not steal..........someone has always gotta frak things up for everyone.

What is so hard about

Don't take tires from the good trailers?

or

Don't steal parts?

frakkers..............
:ditto: Why do people have to go F-it up for everyone. Glens one of the nicest guys to deal with and as you can see has lots and lots of parts
that can be saved.

(Guess I know why Glen hasn't answered my PM about coming down to the yard today) :-(

Last edited:

RealCavDog

Growing up, the guy that let you in the yard, before the insurance and attorney folks got involved, told you ONCE what was off limits and exhibited trust in you, ONCE ! If you think those folks don't know EVERY LITTLE piece of trim and goodies out there . . . your bad !

Just because they tell you, "I'm not sure, but you can go look and pull one", wasn't a lazy dummy, the original thought was that if you looked around, you would see something else you wanted and would BUY ! Much of that stuff was pre-sold, just like at G.L., or where Glen works !

Same theory as having candy bars at the supermarket counter. Just because they allow you in the door to buy a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk, does not mean you can just pocket an add-on item as an afterthought !

I could spend a day with only a toolbox, get weighed in and then weighed back out, open all compartments for a full search, inventory my pile . . . but I would still have to watch my pile real close to keep Glens super efficient co-workers from baling them up ! Been a couple incidents just because it is not a museum or a vintage iron sanctuary, it is a recycling, steel crushing, emptying and turning the space, heavy is money and faster crushing is more money business !

Thank goodness a great guy like Glen was able to get in there and HELP us guys in need, as a SERVICE and FAVOR, not as part of the business ! Pretty sure STEALING from him . . . well . . . his EMPLOYER, could put him at risk and is just BULL**** !

O.K. , 'nuff said for now, Thanks for all you do to help Glen ! [thumbzup]

Jay

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Growing up, the guy that let you in the yard, before the insurance and attorney folks got involved, told you ONCE what was off limits and exhibited trust in you, ONCE ! If you think those folks don't know EVERY LITTLE piece of trim and goodies out there . . . your bad !

Just because they tell you, "I'm not sure, but you can go look and pull one", wasn't a lazy dummy, the original thought was that if you looked around, you would see something else you wanted and would BUY ! Much of that stuff was pre-sold, just like at G.L., or where Glen works !

Same theory as having candy bars at the supermarket counter. Just because they allow you in the door to buy a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk, does not mean you can just pocket an add-on item as an afterthought !

I could spend a day with only a toolbox, get weighed in and then weighed back out, open all compartments for a full search, inventory my pile . . . but I would still have to watch my pile real close to keep Glens super efficient co-workers from baling them up ! Been a couple incidents just because it is not a museum or a vintage iron sanctuary, it is a recycling, steel crushing, emptying and turning the space, heavy is money and faster crushing is more money business !

Thank goodness a great guy like Glen was able to get in there and HELP us guys in need, as a SERVICE and FAVOR, not as part of the business ! Pretty sure STEALING from him . . . well . . . his EMPLOYER, could put him at risk and is just BULL**** !

O.K. , 'nuff said for now, Thanks for all you do to help Glen ! [thumbzup]

Jay
I would say with out a doubt, that someone caught slealing from GLEN or the YARD after BOTH have gone WAY out of there way to help us, would live to regret even the thought

91W350

In the world of scrap iron, the loss is nothing. It is just the deception that bothers me. A pickup bed full of led lights would not amount to much at the end of the line, it just goes as weight. I try to be extremely easy on small items like those, there is no threat of me getting into trouble.... It is just the idea of somebody sniping us like that.

ranchhopper

Keep watching ebay and craigs list for them eventually they will think you forgot about it and put then up for sale a truck load of them doesnt do a guy any good unless he can unload them to others I bought mine a few months ago off ebay.

RealCavDog

In the world of scrap iron, the loss is nothing. It is just the deception that bothers me. A pickup bed full of led lights would not amount to much at the end of the line, it just goes as weight. I try to be extremely easy on small items like those, there is no threat of me getting into trouble.... It is just the idea of somebody sniping us like that.

I understand Glen, its the principle involved. Share the info with the community, anybody we should know about, or could know about ? Who do we need keep an eye on ?

Not trying to start an issue . . . BUT . . .

Sharing that kind of information makes it safer for all of us in any hobby or sport !

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I understand Glen, its the principle involved. Share the info with the community, anybody we should know about, or could know about ? Who do we need keep an eye on ?

Not trying to start an issue . . . BUT . . .

Sharing that kind of information makes it safer for all of us in any hobby or sport !
The problem here is that GLEN is to nice of a guy to name names, a LOT NICER than I am, especially someone that I go out of the way to help then screws me, let alone a THIEF stealing from me. REMEMBER a thief is a thief, will STEAL from who ever thay can. I agree, the site ought to know because if thay will do GLEN, thay will do you

Last edited:

91W350

I want it to remain a place to come and get parts, it is nice to meet members. Jeff was down from St George today and scored some new tool boxes out of a crate, along with some other small parts. He also helped me remove a 923 hardtop for Reb87, which was greatly appreciated. He had also removed two windshields for me as well, before I even got over there. Good guy, he got to see my boss for a few minutes, another good guy.

It is a unique place, I am not aware of another yard that does as much volume as we do, the parts vehicles get processed fast, way too fast. My window of opportunity is usually pretty short and my time is very limited. It works a lot better for me if guys can come and visit, pull their parts and motor on. I am just time dry. This week was a very busy week for me, about 70 hours in. I worked all day last Sunday weighing trucks and cleaning up around the outside of our building between trucks.

As far as naming a certain party involved, I did not catch it when it occurred, only the left over evidence of it occurring. I am fairly confident I know who did it and how the parts were removed from the yard. I refuse to take a chance of incorrectly accusing any party of this, unless I am absolutely sure what happened. Let's just say you unfortunately need to dump out boxes and buckets to see what is in the bottom..... maybe truck interiors need to be checked as well. If it really gets to that point, I will just shut down that yard. Glen

91W350

I want it to remain a place to come and get parts, it is nice to meet members. Jeff was down from St George today and scored some new tool boxes out of a crate, along with some other small parts. He also helped me remove a 923 hardtop for Reb87, which was greatly appreciated. He had also removed two windshields for me as well, before I even got over there. Good guy, he got to see my boss for a few minutes, another good guy.

It is a unique place, I am not aware of another yard that does as much volume as we do, the parts vehicles get processed fast, way too fast. My window of opportunity is usually pretty short and my time is very limited. It works a lot better for me if guys can come and visit, pull their parts and motor on. I am just time dry. This week was a very busy week for me, about 70 hours in. I worked all day last Sunday weighing trucks and cleaning up around the outside of our building between trucks.

As far as naming a certain party involved, I did not catch it when it occurred, only the left over evidence of it occurring. I am fairly confident I know who did it and how the parts were removed from the yard. I refuse to take a chance of incorrectly accusing any party of this, unless I am absolutely sure what happened. Let's just say you unfortunately need to dump out boxes and buckets to see what is in the bottom..... maybe truck interiors need to be checked as well. If it really gets to that point, I will just shut down that yard. Glen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks