• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

KSMTRUCK

Coondog and I have been to see Glen twice now for "stuff", he has been great to deal with and if any of you get the opputunity please support this guy.

Jeff

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M939 driveshaft I got from Glen arrived a few days ago. I'll have to say, he does a great job packing stuff.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just got home from out at Glens. I just got some nick nacks but helped my buddy pull 6 new(like butter) T hawks. Glen let me use his battery powered 18V Milwaukee 3/4" impact. That tool is sweet and just got put on my Xmas list. More 105 trailers than I could count, watched as 4 M923's were getting loaded to go to the big smelter.

Attachments

91W350

The newest batch of 105s are arriving. We apparently missed a 923 with a broken front axle. Nothing like an eleven ton missing chunk of iron. I am looking forward to the generator repair trailer....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sad to see so many trucks, especially the newer ones, ending up in the junkyard. Hopefully a few of them will be lucky to roll again, and provide parts for those we have that need TLC.

91W350

I saved seven of the last 38 to sell. These trucks as a whole were pretty rough.... a lot of bad rust issues, a lot of wrecked noses and a few with broken axles or suspensions. I watched some like new 1400 Goodyears leave today, still aired up with lots of tread. It is hard to watch a lot of these trucks go, I guess I still look at them as unsung heroes.

Last edited:

Monkeyboyarmy

I watched some like new 1400 Goodyears leave today, still aired up with lots of tread. QUOTE]

I wouldn't think that the recyclers would want tires at all. Aren't they worth much more selling them separately? But then again I am sure that you don't have enough time to do the stuff your doing now. Just hate seeing that good stuff go.

91W350

I watched some like new 1400 Goodyears leave today, still aired up with lots of tread. QUOTE]

I wouldn't think that the recyclers would want tires at all. Aren't they worth much more selling them separately? But then again I am sure that you don't have enough time to do the stuff your doing now. Just hate seeing that good stuff go.
They do not care for wood, but they have a rubber market. It all goes someplace, that is quite the recovery operation.

Jeff, we have a bed full of goodies for you.... Glen

91W350

The crusher is sitting at the center gate now. The aluminum trailer boxes went bye bye today. I suspect about 150 M116 trailers will bite the dust before noon and by five all the semi trailer frames and probably all of the 105s that are sitting without wheels will be history. I want to keep it all, but that is not my decision...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks