• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big toys or money makers?

DO you make money with your OD Iron?

• I use mine everyday.

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Part TIme.

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Never.

Votes: 48 52.7%
  • Cash only and don't tell the tax man!

Votes: 22 24.2%

• Total voters

cundupa

Here are some pics of my 817's at work. They are hauling spoils excavated from footings at a very large industrial building site. After 1 week with 1 truck they wanted to have 2 trucks. Lucky for me Cornrichard was selling his 817. I drove that one 310 miles home and it worked 10 hours the next day. It should take about 4 weeks to get all the footings dug.

Attachments

Preacherboy

I found a nice looking m52a2, 5-ton tractor with the multifuel engine and it is a decent price, but I can't justify buying it unless I can find a way to make money from it. Any ideas?

So far, my ideas are...
1. recovering other people's stuff from GL (MI just doesn't have that much stuff that needs moved around)
2. off road recoveries (how do you get hooked up with people to do that?)
3. hire out to farmers during harvest???

deuce_09

one word.....ZOMBIES

I found a nice looking m52a2, 5-ton tractor with the multifuel engine and it is a decent price, but I can't justify buying it unless I can find a way to make money from it. Any ideas?

So far, my ideas are...
1. recovering other people's stuff from GL (MI just doesn't have that much stuff that needs moved around)
2. off road recoveries (how do you get hooked up with people to do that?)
3. hire out to farmers during harvest???

kentuckycucv

I put everyday but Im not sure I anwered the question right. i drive my cucv a lot, because Im burning wmo/wvo in it and it is free to drive. So im not really making money Im saving money is fuel.