• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BlizzardX23's Freshly Painted M35A2!

BlizzardX23

First, I must say thank you to quarkz for a wonderful post...supplying us with the different paint codes to achieve military colors in latex house paints! Also, I'd like to thank Mike/wsucougarsx since it was his code that I went with.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/paint-bodywork/66973-exterior-latex-acrylic-house-paints.html

And here is my truck (1st - when I bought it....2nd - when I painted it tan a few months ago....and 3rd - my green transition today)

Attachments

BlizzardX23

wow nice!!! looks basically same color i have and i paid 150$ for 4 gal of the rapco stuff

Thanks! :)

This is 2 gallons. It covers the whole truck, but I'll get another two gallons anyways for another coat. I'm happy with it.

And although it does show in the pics above, tonight I went to the auto store, got some degreaser, and sprayed the wheels down. Painted them black, and used Tire shine on the tires..haha...it looks pretty sharp now

srodocker

Yea i used tire shine on one tire and holy cow...yea i have a can of degreaser i have to do the engine bay. also i need to do the bed as i had a huge mess with my WMO setup. I only used 2 gals myself but need to do my m105 and my deuce bed camper

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blizzard, looks awesome in the pics! It's amazing how well your truck fits the driveway!!!

Question: How is the finish and sheen on the latex paint? I ask because I am cheap but would hate to paint my truck and have it look obviously painted....

Rick

wsucougarx

When I painted parts here and there, the finish is flat. In fact I found it was more flat than Gillespie. After 6 months it was just as flat as CARC. 14 months later it's still looks great. Still matches CARC and really no fading that I've seen. Should mention these painted parts are stored outside under the elements w/no shade.

Last edited:

ryan77

I just mixed some sherwin williams carc yesterday to paint my blazers door i forgot how nasty the stuff is!!!! super easy clean up cant beat waterborne paint!!!!!!!

:beer:

BlizzardX23

Thanks guys!

I sprayed the base coat (when I did it tan...and when I turned it green) with Latex paint from Home Depot, sprayed with the electric sprayer from Home Depot ($80 Wagner paint sprayer)

It's been green for a while..I wanted to paint it 3-color camo since the beginning...just not went out and got the cans of spray paint...printed a picture of the military paint layout and sprayed the brown and black freehand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks