• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Block heater install help needed

btrapr

I have a block heater from another vehicle...I am looking at putting in my 1008...

When you place the element into the block on the driver's side does the element itself need to be pointed up/down so that the element fits into the gap between the cylinder walls?

I read that if the element touches the cylinder wall it could cause it to fail...SO if its straight up or down the is more room in between the cylinder walls....

Just want an opinion

thanks

greenjeepster

Usually they are installed downward, but as long as it is not touching it does not matter. You just need to make sure that it will seal properly at what ever angle you put it at.

Divemaster920

Banned
1981-00 V8 - 6.2, 6.5L DIESEL (600W heater) 3100057 3600006 1-5/8" LC 6 or 12 o'clock N/A 1500W
This is from Zerostart.
LC=left side center

Sorry, I reread the post...I gave facts. I agree with jwaller.

Last edited:

jwaller

careful doing that you may find that it will never stop leaking. it's best to buy a new one. either way don't let the element touch metal. it needs to be free standing in coolant.