• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Block heater question

avengeusa

well, there are no burrs, or casting flash sections inside of the hole, the heater elementhas a little wider profile on the end which makes it contact the inside of the walls of the hole, i must look for a better alternative

Smokinyoda

well, there are no burrs, or casting flash sections inside of the hole, the heater elementhas a little wider profile on the end which makes it contact the inside of the walls of the hole, i must look for a better alternative
I had the same problem. We must be some of the few with different water pumps. Since I had already opened it anyway I went ahead and put it in the hole above, its also 3/4 npt (see pic).

Have read about failures putting it there but I had no other location. If you screw it all the way in it will touch the wall and prolly blow at some point (might have caused all the failures). I measured, marked, wrapped the piss out of it with teflon and screwed it half way in. No leaks, still works.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks