• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Block heater question

avengeusa

well, there are no burrs, or casting flash sections inside of the hole, the heater elementhas a little wider profile on the end which makes it contact the inside of the walls of the hole, i must look for a better alternative

Smokinyoda

well, there are no burrs, or casting flash sections inside of the hole, the heater elementhas a little wider profile on the end which makes it contact the inside of the walls of the hole, i must look for a better alternative
I had the same problem. We must be some of the few with different water pumps. Since I had already opened it anyway I went ahead and put it in the hole above, its also 3/4 npt (see pic).

Have read about failures putting it there but I had no other location. If you screw it all the way in it will touch the wall and prolly blow at some point (might have caused all the failures). I measured, marked, wrapped the piss out of it with teflon and screwed it half way in. No leaks, still works.

Attachments