• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

block heater

tm america

worth double the money . since it.s a pita to shoot the starting fluid in the air intake then run like crazy to jump back in the truck in time to crank it over before the starting fluid evaporates:roll:saves me from having to worry about it starting in the winter now i wont have to start it as often just to make sure it will start when needed.so that save me on fuel to.it's funny i think it starts faster now in the winter with the block heater than it did in the summer:-D

tm america

i would imagine it would go on there the same .since the heater hose fittings are the same size . i think it would help more on a deisel than on a gas engine .but it would help it turn over faster since it would keep the oil heated to

jatonka

We can get the frost plug heaters for about $20 from Advance Auto and Auto Zone by ordering a frost plug heater for Jeep Cherokee with 4.0 liter 6 cylinder engine about 1988. It is a 2" frost plug heater. sasquatch Santa has one or more in Rosie, they work. I use them in 5 tons and deuces, they work at -24 F proably lower. You can buy them from me too , but easier to get them locally. JT out

tm america

autozone out here by me said they are no longer carrying block heaters of any kind as of this year . i would put a oil pan heater on a gas motor it would heat the oil better

jatonka

The 6602 has frost plugs, no doubt. Try measuring one and do your homework, There are frost plug heaters out there for every szed frost plug. It is how I found out the size and application for the multifuel deuce for everyone out there. JT out

tm america

i personally like the screw in block heaters they are easier to install and there is no need to drain the cooling system to install them . also with a screw in type there is no chance of it popping out like with freeze plug heaters. other than that they do the same thing so it's up to you which is better for you :roll:

Lax

A few years back I installed a flame heater for cold weather starts. Not once has it ever even given me a hint that it works or helps. (Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Any advice on how to use the flame heater??) Anyway, I just killed both my batteries trying to get my Deuce started in the cold weather we are in in Upstate New York now. I had to order two new batteries today :evil:. But if the block heaters work as well as the videos show I will be getting one tomorrow! Thanks guys.

PS; I would still like to know how to use the flame heater without blowing up my truck. Use the heater for only 5 or 10 seconds before cranking or while cranking and for how long?? Thnaks.

ccequipment

I also sell a block heater, its 1500 watts, may be a little extreme for some guys. It fits the 2" freeze plug. I have installed a few for customers, for the northern country and they have been happy. I have used them and there is no need for starting aids of any kind. It will heat the whole engine compartment up and makes it a whole lot eaiser on your engine during startup. Here is a pic of mine, I also have them for sale.

196thprober

I got the 600 watt scew in heater from Westfolk a couple weeks ago. The difference is truly amazing! Plugged in for 4 hours, the deuce starts like its the middle of summer when it's 11 degrees. Thanks Westfolk!

jwaller

A few years back I installed a flame heater for cold weather starts. Not once has it ever even given me a hint that it works or helps. (Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Any advice on how to use the flame heater??) Anyway, I just killed both my batteries trying to get my Deuce started in the cold weather we are in in Upstate New York now. I had to order two new batteries today :evil:. But if the block heaters work as well as the videos show I will be getting one tomorrow! Thanks guys.

PS; I would still like to know how to use the flame heater without blowing up my truck. Use the heater for only 5 or 10 seconds before cranking or while cranking and for how long?? Thnaks.
it tells you right on the data plate how to use it. but its as simple as moving the switch towards the pass side while cranking and then let up when running. use as needed till you have a smooth idle.

Lax

Thanks JWaller,
I was afraid of that since that is what I have been doing and it has been useless. I'm getting a screw in by the time you read this... Thanks!

tm america

they do work like westfolks video .i was blown away how fast it started with the block heater and nothing else less than a second it fired right up .probably didnt make two revs

Last edited:

tm america

oh that dont sound good .put some deisel 911 in the tank and then start using different fuel.other wise you could probably do something similar to what cranetruck did to heat his biodeisel.and run the coolant tubes to a small tank and intsall a block heater in the coolant tank. not sure if you could use some glue on oil pan heaters or if they get to hot to be safe:roll:

derby

I have my Block heater from Westfolk installed and wow ,it starts right up! I seem to get heat in the cab faster also. Thanks Westfolk!

tm america

south dave just be sure that whatever you use is safe make sure its not gonna start a fire even if it shorts out.extreme heat and gas dont mix to good.:roll:

BEASTMASTER

i put one of those elec heaters in my 602. went into the drain cock on the block and up into the heater hose for return. mounted the unit on the pass. fender. I plug it in if i know i'm going out to plow and 4 or 5 hrs and it's ready to go and starts right up at 15 degrees. they all work ,but i found that to be one of the simplest to put in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks