• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blown engine. Yeah it was fun, but time to move on.

Katahdin

We now come to the part of the show called "If it ain't broke, you're not trying!"

Edit: "Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together."

Attachments

Last edited:

hdexpert

I might be in the same boat as the OP. I've been trying to fix my truck for a year so Westy, Kip and I did a leak down test. Lets say the results are bad, it holds almost no pressure. Rich called a buddy that said ether got in between the rings and shattered them. We'll pull it apart when it cools off and inspect the damage. If it needs a motor the truck will be for sale.

onegmjack

Not in my pocket either,takes everything to try to live.Had a little saved then gas went up and took that.Glad someone has some,wish they would give Ron and I some.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might be in the same boat as the OP. I've been trying to fix my truck for a year so Westy, Kip and I did a leak down test. Lets say the results are bad, it holds almost no pressure. Rich called a buddy that said ether got in between the rings and shattered them. We'll pull it apart when it cools off and inspect the damage. If it needs a motor the truck will be for sale.
Hey Buff, I might have something here if you are not in a hurry. It has a bunch of external parts missing but might be worth looking into. It was headed for scrap.

Ridgerunner

Dam, was interested but your definatly closer. SAVE HER !
I was off on the mileage. Turned out, he's south of Fennville, so it was 13 miles away. :p

We made a deal, so it'll be coming back to my place.

It's pretty dirty from being worked. But other than that, not bad. The tan paint is flaking and lifting off the OD paint in some places, but the body is decent without any rust. It does have a nice fresh coat (poor mans under coating) of motor oil all over everything compliments of the Multi-fuel.

Attachments

nk14zp

Sounds more like the ether broke the ring lands first. Hope you get the parts to fix it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent!! Thanks Kenny, I'll let you know what we find after we tear into it. It'll probably be a month or two, it's too friggin hot here!!:evil:
Ridgerunner, great save Sir.

Buff, if you end up wanting this just let me know so I can bring it to the GA Rally. I'm sure we can probably find a ride for it from there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks