• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blown tire need pneumatic bottle jack suggestion

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may also want to consider a saddle jack for the top of the jack to keep the jack lug from slipping off of the axle. Just a suggestion.

I have two, one for each of my 20 ton air jacks from HF. They work great. I wanted them because my driveway is at a slight negative grade and want to make sure they didn't come off. I also use 6 ton jack stands with the jacks.

View attachment 905749

Well, that's my 2cents for what ever it's worth? 😉
Did u make them ?

Irishcop

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may also want to consider a saddle jack for the top of the jack to keep the jack lug from slipping off of the axle. Just a suggestion.

I have two, one for each of my 20 ton air jacks from HF. They work great. I wanted them because my driveway is at a slight negative grade and want to make sure they didn't come off. I also use 6 ton jack stands with the jacks.

View attachment 905749

Well, that's my 2cents for what ever it's worth? 😉
Where did you get that one? I'm not having any luck finding one yet...

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you need to put anything underneath the jack or is it tall enough on its own? I have a 2009 BAE M1093A1 that I'm in the market for jacks and jackstands. I have the membership at Harbor Freight so while not "name brand" some of their stuff seems pretty decent for the price.
I generally use like a bridge planking to put under the jack just enough to accommodate the height needed and to also provide the floatation needed to be a good solid base!

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you’re making them from new steel that’s almost $20 in steel there. If you had useable scrap, different story. Surplus could be great.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
😮 There you go. Shhhhhh, don’t tell anybody!
Order them quickly, I’m sure they’ll go fast at that price!
They'll be more. They are actually part of the BII (basic issues items) of every FMTV so they aren't uncommon. The government pays $25 for that part so anyone asking $125 is just a scalper. Not that hard to make one either. Anyone looking for one should save the NSN and setup an eBay alert for it, etc.

Better they get into the hands of our forum members than a scalper that's going to relist them for $100 more.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They'll be more. They are actually part of the BII (basic issues items) of every FMTV so they aren't uncommon. The government pays $25 for that part so anyone asking $125 is just a scalper. Not that hard to make one either. Anyone looking for one should save the NSN and setup an eBay alert for it, etc.

Better they get into the hands of our forum members than a scalper that's going to relist them for $100 more.
Was just kidding around!

You beat me to the punch in telling.

Hopefully members got them!

WWinAK

This is what I use (at home and on the road).

It has worked flawlessly for me thru three trucks

Third, I have the exact same one and it works great, threw together a hose kit and have it’s a pelican case with the milwaukee cordless impact and CTIS spare junk!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks