• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed 2.5 Ton truck

Ripcord01

If you have a Military M35A2,M35A3, or whatever M series truck and you " Bob" the truck. It is no longer a 2.5 ton truck nor is it a Deuce. So why do people refer to them as such. I am just curious? If you see a cat then call it a cat.

PaulbusMax

Semantics. Tomato, Tomatoe. I would guess that when someone says " I have an M35(XX)", the other person knows immediately what the other is talking about, and the conversation can go from there. A starting point to further conversation. A generic term perhaps, denoting a series of truck.

KsM715

If you have a Military M35A2,M35A3, or whatever M series truck and you " Bob" the truck. It is no longer a 2.5 ton truck nor is it a Deuce. So why do people refer to them as such. I am just curious? If you see a cat then call it a cat.

What are you supposed to call it?

A deuce is not really a deuce but its an acceptible term. Same with GMC and "Jimmy"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks