• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce Spare Tire Placement

maynard83

I am curious as to where all of you with a M35A2/3 Bobbed Deuce and Super Singles are mounting or placing your spare tire?
I am getting one with a spare and have no idea where to mount it to where it is easily accessible.
I have searched but can't find any posts regarding this.
Included is my soon to arrive deuce.
Thanks.

Attachments

markmontana

I am curious as to where all of you with a M35A2/3 Bobbed Deuce and Super Singles are mounting or placing your spare tire?
I am getting one with a spare and have no idea where to mount it...
I throw mine in the bed. I don't really carry much around in the truck- the bed is too dang high to use it for much. If I ever need to get the spare out- I'll just drop it out the back! Second choice would be to leave it at home. I can drive on a 1400R20 with zero pressure- enough to get it off the road and call for some help. :shock:

Nice truck, you'll have a blast...

thegreenman76

I'm going to carry mine in the bed as well. I was thinking about using a hoist to lower and raise the spare off the bed. I was looking at "harbor freight tools" web site and they have a hoist for about $130.00. it also mounts in the bed and swings 360. The site states that it is good for 1000lbs.

Last edited:

maynard83

Yeah, I normally wouldn't mind just throwing it in the back but these are so darn heavy. I think a more practical approach like a swing out carrier that swings out and drops down is the way to go.
By the way how much do these things weigh?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks