• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce Spare Tire Placement

maynard83

I am curious as to where all of you with a M35A2/3 Bobbed Deuce and Super Singles are mounting or placing your spare tire?
I am getting one with a spare and have no idea where to mount it to where it is easily accessible.
I have searched but can't find any posts regarding this.
Included is my soon to arrive deuce.
Thanks.

Attachments

markmontana

I am curious as to where all of you with a M35A2/3 Bobbed Deuce and Super Singles are mounting or placing your spare tire?
I am getting one with a spare and have no idea where to mount it...
I throw mine in the bed. I don't really carry much around in the truck- the bed is too dang high to use it for much. If I ever need to get the spare out- I'll just drop it out the back! Second choice would be to leave it at home. I can drive on a 1400R20 with zero pressure- enough to get it off the road and call for some help. :shock:

Nice truck, you'll have a blast...

thegreenman76

I'm going to carry mine in the bed as well. I was thinking about using a hoist to lower and raise the spare off the bed. I was looking at "harbor freight tools" web site and they have a hoist for about $130.00. it also mounts in the bed and swings 360. The site states that it is good for 1000lbs.

Last edited:

maynard83

Yeah, I normally wouldn't mind just throwing it in the back but these are so darn heavy. I think a more practical approach like a swing out carrier that swings out and drops down is the way to go.
By the way how much do these things weigh?