• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed m923a2 and axles

Seriously though, you should look at axles used on all terrain forklifts like a Lull. Most of those have high ground clearance, planetaries, and wet brakes. I know those axles can take some serious abuse. Not sure about speed though, they're usually geared really low.

porky69

Take a look at the latest generation of mega-horsepower Dodge, Chev/GMC and Ford diesel pickups...those guys are running 2-3-4 huge turbos (150psi boost) and LOTS of nitrous. Current record holder is a Dodge with over 2000HP out of a 6BT block(5.9/6.7liter).

porky69

Many current monster trucks run ZF planetaries and look at what they run...66inch tall, 43inch wide, 2000hp Nitromethane Blown V-8, .

I would like to hear about the engine you are planning truck to build. 3000hp is quite a feat in a truck sized engine, especially if you want it to last for any length of time.

And a link to the tires too, 3500lbs each means 14000lb of tire never mind rims and the rest of the truck. Sounds like the truck will be 30,000lb, you are gonna need 3000hp to do anything with it.

Last edited:
I didnt know that you could use nitro on a diesel espically one with a 30:1 compression ratio .-. Learn something new everyday
Nitrous, not nitro-methane. And I hope that's calculated boosted compression and not actual engine compression. If it's actual compression then your going to need titanium head studs.

porky69

So lets see what we have so far, 26.5" wide 69" tall (Solid rubber from what I can find), 3000HP "experimental" 200lb diesel engine, that you want to be street legal and go fast? Sounds like a fantasy but I would like to see it if you pull it off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks