• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed M931 almost done, Pics soon! A few questions please...

joesco

State Inspection went without a hitch! Now I can drive Mr. Zeus!!! On to some bodywork then paint. Also, it was suggested by the Truck Shop that went well above and beyond in helping me out said that because the NHC 250 is a "wet" sleeved engine that a coolant flush in in order as my coolant is "green". So I may take care of that in the very near future, like next week. They recommended Fleetguard's Fleetcool OAT Coolant. It is "organic" and will last years and 100's of thousands of miles. I will not need a coolant filter either if I go with this brand of coolant. It "ain't" cheap, but the Cummins engines love it and for under $200.00, I see it as a very worth while expense.

Of course, comments are welcome. Thanks!

joesco

Just read in the TM that the NHC 250 takes 47 quarts of coolant, but a search of the forum said 6 Gallons. Can anyone confirm the capacity, please?

Csm Davis

State Inspection went without a hitch! Now I can drive Mr. Zeus!!! On to some bodywork then paint. Also, it was suggested by the Truck Shop that went well above and beyond in helping me out said that because the NHC 250 is a "wet" sleeved engine that a coolant flush in in order as my coolant is "green". So I may take care of that in the very near future, like next week. They recommended Fleetguard's Fleetcool OAT Coolant. It is "organic" and will last years and 100's of thousands of miles. I will not need a coolant filter either if I go with this brand of coolant. It "ain't" cheap, but the Cummins engines love it and for under $200.00, I see it as a very worth while expense.

Of course, comments are welcome. Thanks!
I would still recommend the filter because of the junk in the engine not just what coolant you might use. I have drained hundreds of these trucks and the coolant may look great in the can up top but be black sludge down bottom. Also anyone with a 250 cummins that has changed a water pump one one will tell you it's cheap insurance to run a filter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks