• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed truck, Shocks or Not?

DUECE-COUPE

don't get to crazy with the torque wrench on the "U" bolts until after you take your truck to the scales. The springs are designed to support the front of the truck, with motor and all the rest up front. i would venture to say the rear of your truck will not weigh as much as the front with the engine and all the rest of the stuff up there. this being said, getting a good front to rear weight comparison will give you the data you need to reduce the # of leaves in the spring pack. this will soften the ride and may give you the ride quality you are looking for, and should help you new shocks work better.

Pappa-G

Was looking more for control of bounce. The shocks went on and there is spring flex going down the road but from what I can tell most of the bounce is from the 16x20 XL tires with only 35psi in the back and 45 in the front.

tm america

well unless you are building a bard core rock crawler shocks only help the ride .if your truck rides fine without them it will ride great with them .i would definately use them on a short wheel base truck they will help the ride greatly and keep the tires from wearing quickly :roll:it will help with stability when towing especially with a short truck like that