• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbing my M35A3

phil2968

Panama is a good ride from us! Your closer to the Louisiana and Alabama crowd! Come to the 12SSGR and join the fun in Oct. You can come down from DC without an MV.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I static balanced all 4 tires and added 14 ounces of equal inside of the tires. Got it together and when for a ride, what ride smooth as silk at 2,900 rpm. I have 2 tires with double weights and 3 and 4 lug nuts to balance. Got the bed real close to the back of the cab. I have one problem, the tire is close to the inner side of the floor of the bed, will need to clearance it. The CTIS is totally functional. Oh yea, i rebuild the wheel bearings, have all the numbers for the seals - next post.

Attachments

Last edited:

phil2968

Steve, I don't think the that tire will ever touch that bed. It may in extreme flex situation. Maybe jack up one front corner and see how close the tire comes to the body.

phil2968

Odessy, there is always 13SSGR! I brought my one year old to 09SSGR and he was there in 2010 and 2011! His older brother starts school this year so the family can't come.

Odyssey M

Cool. I'll put the 13SSGR on the books. I'll make a family camping trip out of it...the wife digs camping and the 2 kids should be old enough by then to make the drive doable. Cheers and good night for now.[thumbzup]

3dAngus

Steve, that is exactly the look I would be going for next month when I get mine started. I'm not so talented so USMCtopgun is going to be doing the work with a friend. I like it.

You mentioned getting the bed real close to the back of the cab twice now. I want mine that way as well. I envision 1" spacing as well, like a pickup. Others had concerns about flexing. I can't see it as being an issue with that bed cut off and weight reduction, but I'm no genious, and cannot see all things so, what specifically were your concerns or the issues in making it happen. What were the problems. Did I miss something there?

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, that is exactly the look I would be going for next month when I get mine started. I'm not so talented so USMCtopgun is going to be doing the work with a friend. I like it.

You mentioned getting the bed real close to the back of the cab twice now. I want mine that way as well. I envision 1" spacing as well, like a pickup. Others had concerns about flexing. I can't see it as being an issue with that bed cut off and weight reduction, but I'm no genious, and cannot see all things so, what specifically were your concerns or the issues in making it happen. What were the problems. Did I miss something there?
This is what it takes to get it close, had to cut the center member down to the plate, left the legs. Cut the notch to clear the parking brake arm. The bed is 2" from the back of the cab. It is close at the cab mount. I love the clean look at the rear of the frame, no bumperits, everything is right there. The tail gate hangs straight down and clears.

Attachments

Last edited:

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your tailgate shot inspires me to lower my hitch and drop my bumperits too. I am currentlly unable to hang my tailgate straight down.:-(
Here is a pic of that. Some other pics too.

Attachments

ryan77

I like the look of the a3 wheels i think im going to look for a set for mine! Nice job truck looks great! A lot of guys dont like the look of a A3 but i do![thumbzup]

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the look of the a3 wheels i think im going to look for a set for mine! Nice job truck looks great! A lot of guys dont like the look of a A3 but i do![thumbzup]
From my A3 i have 3 complete tire ( one of them is new) and wheels leftover and 4 tires. Someone I know left 2 ( A3) compete tires and wheels and another rim laying around here.

Odyssey M

I know I am preaching to the choir...but for any new bobber owners-

With the reduction in redundancy when you go from two rear axles to just one--it also magnifies the importance of proper and PMCS (in regards to stopping distance). Of course, this is no big deal if you always PMCS. Keep it safe. :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks