• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BOLO missing truck

REGULATOR

Truck is not in impound, I checked. he is out on bail.
I have contacted his employer, they said it sounds like a personal matter.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck is not in impound, I checked. he is out on bail.
I have contacted his employer, they said it sounds like a personal matter.
Yep it's a personel matter until you get a judgement against him , then file a garnishment against his pay . Then they will have to send his pay to the court which will send it to you . That is unless he quits .

REGULATOR

4 hours before deadline I get the call, after not hearing a peep for over 4 months.

He sold the truck, "has no money to pay me anything"

apparently sold it 4 months ago ( oh about the time he stopped paying me)
first he said he used it as collateral on another loan so he can't just return it, then I pointed out the whole "it has no title" thing, and he says "well the guy I sold it to......I mean...".

I'll never see my truck again, and will probably never get a dime from him.

but please don't send me to jail/prison.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you do get a court ordered garnishment, be sure to file it with not only the state and IRS, but also the local welfare office. That way, any tax refunds he might qualify for will be sent to the court, and his welfare will be reduced (but only by a very small amount). It will chap his cheeks to know you are getting into his pocket through the court - he will have already spent his tax refunds and then wind up with a letter saying it went to the court instead.2cents

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you do get a court ordered garnishment, be sure to file it with not only the state and IRS, but also the local welfare office. That way, any tax refunds he might qualify for will be sent to the court, and his welfare will be reduced (but only by a very small amount). It will chap his cheeks to know you are getting into his pocket through the court - he will have already spent his tax refunds and then wind up with a letter saying it went to the court instead.2cents

This is a sad day for me, I was behind the scenes hoping you all were wrong and he still had the truck and would give it back when released from jail. I guess money is the true root of all evil. I stand corrected.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm betting that the majority of people on this web site don't expect to get screwed over by someone since it isn't how we treat other people. Most of us were probably raised to treat others with respect and not lie but that isn't the case with others.

I've said it before, my word is one thing I can give freely that can't be taken from me.

Good luck in getting anything from him and go after him in any way your conscience allows. (Because after reading your posts I'm guessing it won't be anything illegal and that is a good thing no matter what some dirtbag did to you.)

OL AG '89

And to add insult to injury if you look up this guys name on here he has a picture of what appears to be the CUCV in question. maybe a mod or somebody with power could watermark the picture with the local jail "unlisted number".

biggestc69

Sorry to hear about the truck. I hope that it all works out in the end for you. Sucks giving somebody the benefit of the doubt and then getting burned. Hopefully the court system will give you justice.

REGULATOR

As of today 31 December 2011, I received the full past due payment.

he asked me to give him till the 1st to pay me and I held off from any legal or criminal action to allow him time to get me the money, he notified me last night that he had the money.

so although the truck is no more, legally he has paid me for it so its no longer my concern.

and for anyone that happens to buy the truck somewhere else down the line, it shoudl be legit as the person in question sold/traded it to some sort of dealer/auction place in North Carolina.

thanks to all that offered advice and assistance.

rickf

He notified you that "he" had the money, problem is that you have heard that before. Do NOT give him the benefit of the doubt again and go through with the charges until you have the money in YOUR hands. You can always drop the charges if you feel inclined. In this case I would not feel inclined because he is just going to do the same thing to someone else. Do we have a name so no one else on here will be caught in any deals with him?

Rick

HASSON1911

I know I live in MN but should i cross his path I'll stay away from selling anything to him. Thanks, and glad it worked out for you. oh and rickf his name os Jon Gainey

REGULATOR

Yes I have the money in my hands,

I was saying, that last night ( two days before deadline) he notified me that he had it and was sending it to me ( via western union)

today the 31st, I went and picked it up from western union.

so its a closed case. Buyer beware, your mileage may vary etc... but I can close the loop on this thread and say that I am no longer looking for the truck, and have received my over due payment.

although some would cry for blood and vengeance, I'm just happy I got my money. and I don't have to deal with him at work anymore, because he no longer works there.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
With the good ending of this saga, I would suggest ether closing or deleting this thread

rickf

No blood nor vengeance, just remember the name and do not do business with him. This case is closed and I would hate to see another one open.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks