• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BOLO missing truck

Buz

Check with GA DMV and see if he is still the registered owner. They can also tell you if the vehicle was registered in a different state.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reg, I'm in your area I'll keep an eye out. Like everyone else here I'm always looking out for other MVs.

He's not a Soldier by chance is he? I figure you'd have mentioned that by now but I'll ask anyway.

REGULATOR

he was in the military, and he was in my unit, he was "let go" early.
I was trying to help him out at the time I sold it to him for payments since he was a bit down on his luck, but I also helped him get a well paying contracting job, so there is no reason he couldn't have paid me by back by now.

males me sick, cause Id go hungry before I failed to pay a debt. especially a private debt where someone bent over backwards to help me.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
me sick, cause Id go hungry before I failed to pay a debt. especially a private debt where someone bent over backwards to help me.
Seems there are less people around that still think like that. I'm no old timer, but thats how I was brought up too. I kind of feel like honor, integrity and trust are flexible values that most of the population call out only when it suits them, not a way of life.

I hope this works out for you and doesn't change your way of thinking. Helping a guy out when he needs help is always a good thing, too bad generosity doesn't always work out.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have a carfax account? The truck has 8 records there. There won't be alot of details but it may give a location.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is felony in Georgia to write a bad check. I would be demanding that an arrest warrant be issued due to the bad check.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck on recovering the MV or the funds.

CAUTION:
Tread VERY CAREFULLY on how you portray a person or a person's character in open forum. SLANDER and/or DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER settlements are ALWAYS more than this MV will ever be worth.

2cents

Chief_919

It is felony in Georgia to write a bad check. I would be demanding that an arrest warrant be issued due to the bad check.
That would be my suggestion as well.

First you need to send him a certified letter. The text you need to use is here:

16-9-20.html

Then after he accepts the letter, or it is returned undelivered, take the copies down and file a warrant.

Augusta, GA - Official Website - Citations

The law will take it from there.

REGULATOR

Ok after seeking additional legal advice I am going to pursue the bad check angle, it seems to not only be the simplest to do, but also carries the most consequences if the situation is not corrected.

thanks to all, I guess I no longer need to locate the truck to protect my interests, since in the state of Georgia Checks written over $500 are considered a felony and result in a fine
between $500 and $5,000. The sentence can also carry a prison term of up to
three years. :shock:

that should be enough to motivate someone

I'll close the loop in the next 20 days to let folks no if the situation was handled.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks