• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BOLO missing truck

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I say have a local member go pick it up. Drop drive rear shaft tow bar it away, if the court route doesn't work out.
If it was signed over and registered in the new owners name , with no title or lein on vehicle your idea would be considered auto theft . His only recourse is through the courts with the loan documets and bounced checks . It's never a good idea to promote illegal acts in a open forum.

indy4x4fab

Banned
If it was signed over and registered in the new owners name , with no title or lein on vehicle your idea would be considered auto theft . His only recourse is through the courts with the loan documets and bounced checks . It's never a good idea to promote illegal acts in a open forum.
If the courts say ok go get your cucv because he didn't failed to pay in full for the truck then its not an illegal act.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Originally Posted by indy4x4fab
I say have a local member go pick it up. Drop drive rear shaft tow bar it away, if the court route doesn't work out.

Originally Posted by porkysplace

indy4x4fab
If the courts say ok go get your cucv because he didn't failed to pay in full for the truck then its not an illegal act.

Your first posts clearly states "if the court route doesn't work out." Not if the court says it's O.K. . So I stand behind my post of you encouraging illegal activity , with your own words.

100acre

I will keep my eyes open here in NC too. It is a shame for this to have happened . I am not wanting to promote any type of theft but we all do have keys to it.....:wink:

Darwin T

if you helped him get the good job maybe you could unhelp him keep the good job. show up at his job site and ask his boss if you could talk to him over coffee off the job site.

YellowHammer

I'll keep an eye out as well. I remember seeing this vehicle a couple of months ago when I was heading out to Patriots Park. He got off at the Grovetown exit and went towards Grovetown.

For those of you who may spot me. Mine has tinted glass as well now, but no sliding window. And I have a National Guard plate on mine.

out of the way ja

mostly truley a civil matter but if you can find the right cop to listen you could have breach of contract or breach of trust. theft/larceny is not going to fit due to him obtaining it properly. hope that helps. reguardless get him for what he owes really cant help where it is.

3dAngus

Keep this one in mind...

If he sells it, without completing payments, the official term for prosecution is "Theft by Deception". You can and will win the court battle where all your attorney fees and court costs willl be reimbursed by the "buyer".

It gets more complicated if he lives out of state, and more exensive, but can still be fought and won, at greater expense.

Been there, done that. The seller of my vehicle was a car dealer. He was forbidded to do any more business in the state of Georgia, and his car license was revoked. I only asked for reimbursement of costs, and title in hand. I am not interested in monies so much as I am in justice for wrongdoing, and am not unwilling to jump in on the fray if there is wrongdoing going on. My attorney and I made the front pages of the newspapers three times on that one, as he was a local car salesman, and I had people call me from as far away as Guam with the same issues. In the end, there were about 32 grand jury indictments out on him as a result of my prosecution, where I took the lead prior to the rest of them jumping in.

Moral of the story, .... if he does it once, he may have very well done it again. It pays to prosecute, not just for your own well being, but for the sake of the greater population. Wrong is wrong. GET HIM!!!!

Good luck

CycleJay

Regulator,

I am sorry to hear that, hope it all works out for you, and you get the truck back,
or at very least all the money that is owed to you.

Do you happen to have any photos of it?
That way we have a better chance of spotting it on the road or in a shop, etc.

I am a professional driver at a catering company, so I am on the road alot,
and our range is the state of Georgia, but we are based in Atlanta.

So I will keep my eyes open for it, and if I spot it, I will call the police,
so they can at least make a report on it of some sort.

Or I could always unlock it with my M1009 key, and chain up the steering wheel,
with a fresh padlock, then send you the keys to the padlock and let you know where it is.. LOL

Or whatever else I can legally do to help you out.

By the way, I was brought up like one of the other posters in this thread,
I would rather go hungry, then not pay a debt like rent, car related payments, etc..
Because in worst case scenario, you can always get free food from a food bank, church, etc.

Have a good day, Good luck, Happy Thanksgiving,

CJ

P.s. Please post photos to help us find it..

hilber

Regulator,

I am sorry to hear that, hope it all works out for you, and you get the truck back,

with a fresh padlock, then send you the keys to the padlock and let you know where it is.. LOL

I would rather go hungry, then not pay a debt like rent, car related payments, etc..
Because in worst case scenario, you can always get free food from a food bank, church, etc.

CJ

Look at post 1. Links to pics are there.

spicergear

Everyone can say what they want about being optimistic and you'll win court for sure and this and that...fact of the matter is you can't get blood from a stone. There is a person that owes me over $5,000 awarded BY THE COURTS. No pay, no concern of it...I'm out all the money for the fees and costs...then have to keep going (because you're in the right, of course so all should fall into place, of course...because you're right!) ...so didn't go with Sheriff's sale since you can't get blood from a stone, so went the way of the wage attachment. They didn't even fight it, but got themself canned from work before it went through. So you think there would be an agency (because you're the one in the loss but right!!!) that would help you know if that person got a job or where so you could refile for the wage attachment. Nope. It's all on you. If the person is a dirtbag and doesn't give two sh!ts about debts or their credit, you'll never see a cent. Best of luck, but don't be surprised if you win everything and still come in at a loss.

rickf

First thing I did when I got my CUCV was change the locks for that very reason!

Rick

Regulator,

CJ

CycleJay

Hi all,

Thanks for the heads up on the links to pictures, I must have overlooked those.
Well considering the paint job, it should NOT be hard to spot for me when I am out on the road.

Wish me luck.. I am here to help.

Good day, and Happy Thanksgiving.

CJ

rickf

Good luck, I got screwed just like Spicergear. You are doing the right thing though. One thing I would do, you say you got him his job? How is he getting there? Find out what he is driving and I can tell you how to "disable" it. No damage, just something he will not find and he will need transport for work. I will bet his backup is your truck and it just might show back up on the street.

Rick

REGULATOR

JON GAINEY | AugustaCrime.com – Richmond and Columbia County Jail – Reports & Mugshots

http://cdn.augustacrime.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/imageGAINEY_JON___W_M_25_.jpg

looks like he got picked up for no insurance or license,

well it should be easy for them to find him if they issue another warrant on Friday

I followed the legal notification procedures and Thursday is his last chance to pay me.
Columbia county said they would issue a warrant on Friday 9 Dec when I bring in the documents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks