• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Borrow a tow bar for a weekend ?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron has one but has a crane as well. If any of you guys are really serious, check with Wayne Harris papercu@hotmail.com
I'm pretty sure he has at least one holding down some real estate. Good thing he has the M816 wrecker to load it. As Mark said, you better have some big balls to move one of these around. Its like jockeying around 2 dana 60 rears with a hinge between them at the end.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are kind of heavy, here is one loaded in the gin pole holders on my deuce. Ended up with a set, which we found in the weeds in Oklahoma.... No adapters, though.
The "rosette" weld shows up on the smaller towbars as well, should have pictures of that somewhere.

Attachments

M1075

emmado22 said:
M1075,
For the big stuff you deal with, the M88 is a good idea. For anything less, like 5 or 2.5 tons, it's WAY overkill.
EMM- Do you know what size pins the M88 has? 1.25" or 1.5"?

M1075

Yep, we have at least 4, maybe 5, of the big towbars spoken for. Anyone else interested in 1 or 2 is invited to join in on the group buy. Just shoot me a PM.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1075,
I don't know. We might have to arm wrestle for that lot.

I was going to bid on it, I guess we should talk before the auction starts. Drop me a line, email or pm.

jim

DON'T ASK.

rdixiemiller

I had one of them, sold it to Ron. The things are absolutely huge, and heavy as lead. I actually have a set of adapters for one that go to 3/4 pins. I am holding them for Ron. I can't imagine someone using one of these towbars on a HMMV, they would just about collapse the front suspension. Plan on 2 or 3 really strong guys to move/use one of these.