• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bottom of air dryer leaking. In parking lot

frioman

I agree with Suprman. I believe it will happen again without rebuilding or replacing. Now that I know a little bit more about the air dryer, I can see how manipulating it like you (we) did can work for a while, but I wouldn't want to continue to drive it without addressing the problem. I considered the tapping, spraying, upward pushing desperation techniques to get my truck home. I was extremely glad that I didn't have to leave my truck in a parking lot that night, or work on it in the dark (in a parking lot), or call a wrecker.

Csm Davis

Both of the leaking parts can be fixed by anybody on SS just a few minutes and o-rings. The air dryer may need a few more parts to bring it back up to 100% but easy part to work on and filters need to be replaced on a schedule anyway. Also use silicone spray instead of WD-40 and silicone grease just a dab it is better for the o-rings.

A friend rebuilt his dryer with a filter and parts from Napa, was about $120 in parts. Your best bet is to buy a new air drier and replace the whole thing as you can replace the whole unit for slightly more than rebuilding it.

frioman

Update. I replaced the original air dryer with a new Bendix and used a mounting adapter from NAPA. Almost a bolt off/bolt on project. Required just a bit of thinking...fortunately. Thanks again for all the help.