• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bottom of air dryer leaking. In parking lot

frioman

I agree with Suprman. I believe it will happen again without rebuilding or replacing. Now that I know a little bit more about the air dryer, I can see how manipulating it like you (we) did can work for a while, but I wouldn't want to continue to drive it without addressing the problem. I considered the tapping, spraying, upward pushing desperation techniques to get my truck home. I was extremely glad that I didn't have to leave my truck in a parking lot that night, or work on it in the dark (in a parking lot), or call a wrecker.

Csm Davis

Both of the leaking parts can be fixed by anybody on SS just a few minutes and o-rings. The air dryer may need a few more parts to bring it back up to 100% but easy part to work on and filters need to be replaced on a schedule anyway. Also use silicone spray instead of WD-40 and silicone grease just a dab it is better for the o-rings.

A friend rebuilt his dryer with a filter and parts from Napa, was about $120 in parts. Your best bet is to buy a new air drier and replace the whole thing as you can replace the whole unit for slightly more than rebuilding it.

frioman

Update. I replaced the original air dryer with a new Bendix and used a mounting adapter from NAPA. Almost a bolt off/bolt on project. Required just a bit of thinking...fortunately. Thanks again for all the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks