• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought a new turbo, but.....

nattieleather

Howdy neighbor...I'm closest. West Park in Cleveland....I use to have a M35A2 with wistle, but I sold it to a friend in Medina who had indoor storage and time and money to keep it nice and make it even nicer, but have had lots of experience on them and wouldn't mind helping with the wrench if you are ever in need. Nice looking truck too!

Joe

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
nattieleather, I failed to see you on the members map. If you get some spare time, log yourself in. You never know when a Steel Soldiers member will stop by selling girlscout cookies.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet that was a long trip with the turbo not spinning. I'm surprised it ran good enough to pull itself down the road. It will send your EGT through the roof too.
Had a Cat track loader once that the turbo bearing went bad. Turbo was still spinning just not freely. By the time I knew something was wrong I stopped and opened the engine compartment and the manifold and turbo were cherry red.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Memphis Equipment mechanic told me that the whistler turbo is more trouble prone than the non whistler. for what it is worth.