• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake bleeding doesn't seem to be going as planned

JCKnife

I'm sure my MC and airpack work fine, I've been driving this truck for 2 years just pulled the front axles apart to do the boot replacement and in the process also replaced both front wheel cylinders, front brake hoses and 1 hard brake line. So I would think, when properly bled, my pedal would be the same as before I tore everything apart without needing adjustment.

rlwm211

It sounds like you are doing all the right things.

Make sure the airpack is bleeding out all the air that is in it. This can be done from underneath by cracking the bleeder and pulling down on the brake pedal arm. You can catch all the BFS and re-use it if it is clean.

I am sure you started at the back and have worked forward from the farthest away from the master to the closest.

Not sure what else to offer.

RL

JCKnife

I'm using a pressure bleeder. I read a couple threads that said leave the brake pedal alone (don't touch it) while the pressure bleeder is hooked up.