• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Code Help

1956_4x4

Does anyone happen to know the brake code (JB7, JB8, etc.) for a M1031 (I think the M1008 would be the same)? I'm looking to change some of the front brake components, but need the code for the system. I usually find it on the slip in the glove box, but this slip doesn't list the brake system.

Smitty

1956_4x4

I'm thinking it's a JB8 also. The JB8 is a 10,000 pound system and that's what my VIN indicates. I was just looking to replace the front pads and rotors, but I had three different parts houses tell me they had to have the RPO code.

Smitty

devilman96

Ever sence the movie Fast and the Furious I can no longer walk into a parts store!!!! *sigh* They all think stickers and LED's make cars go faster and wouldnt know a 1 ton front axle from a drive shaft if they tripped over it!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haha, the demise of the good counter guy! There is a little local parts store I frequent in the area. The first time I went in, I knew I was in the right place. Dude went straight to the catalog, no sissy parts computer. On same note, went to Advance Auto Parts, asked for GL1, got silly look, then I left. Went to little guy store, asked same, he replied, gallons of pail?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks