• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Code Help

1956_4x4

Does anyone happen to know the brake code (JB7, JB8, etc.) for a M1031 (I think the M1008 would be the same)? I'm looking to change some of the front brake components, but need the code for the system. I usually find it on the slip in the glove box, but this slip doesn't list the brake system.

Smitty

1956_4x4

I'm thinking it's a JB8 also. The JB8 is a 10,000 pound system and that's what my VIN indicates. I was just looking to replace the front pads and rotors, but I had three different parts houses tell me they had to have the RPO code.

Smitty

devilman96

Ever sence the movie Fast and the Furious I can no longer walk into a parts store!!!! *sigh* They all think stickers and LED's make cars go faster and wouldnt know a 1 ton front axle from a drive shaft if they tripped over it!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haha, the demise of the good counter guy! There is a little local parts store I frequent in the area. The first time I went in, I knew I was in the right place. Dude went straight to the catalog, no sissy parts computer. On same note, went to Advance Auto Parts, asked for GL1, got silly look, then I left. Went to little guy store, asked same, he replied, gallons of pail?