• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake problem.

CGarbee

Great set of photos. Good to hear that you are about ready for a road test.
I hope not to have this problem show up on one of my rigs, but I really appreciate knowing that this thread is here for reference if it does.
Thanks.

madsam

Well, I got the booster/air pack in the truck and bled, but I need to bleed the whole truck tomorrow. I did test it, and the booster seemes to be working now. No unnessiary loss of air. I can hear the brakes being pushed, but the peddle is still spongy, so I have to bleed all the wheels now.

madsam

Ok, I bled everything today. (Well the master, the air pack, and the front.) It seemed to remove all the air out of the lines. Then I tested the brakes with air pressure. the air pack has never wored so good. It locks up the brakes with no problem... So it is all fixed.. :p :D rofl fat lady sings [thumbzup] :jumpin: :mrgreen:

indy4x4fab

Banned
So is it possible to remove just the large air chamber side of the air pack with out having to unhook the hydro-lick side of the air pack and there for eliminating the need to re-bleed the brakes?

indy4x4fab

Banned
I found that you can pull just the air side apart, on my truck I found no brown clay like gew, but did find that it was bone dry in there so I sprayed the o-ring down with some P.B. Blaster air tool oil spray and sprayed down the cup, put it all back together and had a firmer petal then before and the brakes released smoother, I didn't feel them dragging at all now. I checked to make sure there wasn't any line pressure on the air pack once I released it. Then had mrs._indy4x4fab help me re-bleed the pack just for good messure which there didn't seem to be any air in it so I'm thinkink I'm good to go now. Took it out for dinner last night and had no problems with it.

Attachments

sparepartsracing

Having this problem right now with my truck. Thank you so much for the write up. I was about to take it for a ride and it wouldnt build pressure up. When i did my pre trip inspection(dont laugh, This truck is big and i dont want to kill anyone ha ha) i noticed alot of air coming out of that exhaust line and thought something got disconnected. Once again thank you for this write up and i will post back with results once i do this.

dave wagner

Thanks for the pictures of your air pack. Started working on my 5 ton today. After taking apart my parts truck air pack to rebuild I had to go to plan B and take off the existing air pack to rebuild. Both air packs had some type of grease in the air canister. I looked for what type lube this is in the TM's but did not see anything but to use brake fluid. After reading a few threads

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks