• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Proportioning Valve

bushhawg73

Based on all of the input from this thread I have decided to keep the valve and repair the arm in the same manner as sharecropper did. Thanks for the input and suggestions from everyone and the pics from sharecropper.

darkserra

Speaking of the front valve...my is leaking quite a bit. I've checked all of the connections and they are tight. Anyone have any ideas why it would be leaking or a source to get a new one?
Thanks

GATVILLE

i wasnt getting any brake pressure to the rears so i bypassed the rear valve, now its obviously too much pressure, would installing a universal proportioning valve from summit fix the issue?

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gatville;

It sounds to me that your rear proportioning valve was out of adjustment. If you look on the rotating valve body you will see a little dot. With no load in the truck, this dot is supposed to be straight up. easy to do, simply remove the nut and gently pull the arm off, then rotate the valve until the dot is straight up, then reinstall the arm and secure the nut. You can see the dot in my post #16 in this thread.