• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake troubles

Guipo

When I first got the truck, I thought that there were brake problems. The rotors needed to be replaced, and so I did that, and my dad said I should change out the Master cylinder too.(I did the MS first). As soon as I put the Master Cylinder on, the brakes started to grab all the time, like they were out of adjustment, and even on some occasions, start smoking just from normal driving. I put a spacer between the MS and the hydroboost.

Well I think that is unacceptable, and now the brakes are starting to grab again, and even lock up the wheel.(I mean, this happened the second I got it running again with a new starter. Not kidding at all).

Since this is a new MS(and the old one was ok it ended up, traded it in for the core), could the MS be defective?

As Always, your help would be appreciated. Thanks alot Gents.

Guipo

mouse

1) when you changed disk's did you greese the slides on calipers 2) did you mix dot 3 brake fluid with synthetic 3) have you checked your hydro-boost 4)it cold be a bad combination valve. there could be a restriction on the return system. one or both calipers could be froze up. I would start with the basics, flush the brake lines,then pull the calipers and make sure there ok (but if thay got that hot i would think about rebilding them)you changed master cylinder,so next would be hydro-boost.check power steering fluid . I hope this helped(the ramboling of a old man) :redface:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
make sure that you have the right master cylinder. I think the M1008 master fits but won't work right. It's possible that in bleeding you got some poop in the combination valve but that type of thin I've never seen. Did you clamp the front hoses when you swapped out the rotors/brakes? Kinking the front hoses could cause them to split on the inside and create a flap which kinda operates like a one way valve and won't allow the fluid to return. Another thought would be a blocked compensating port in the master cylinder. Adjustment issues cause the piston in the master to not fully retract and it blocks the compensating port and locks up the brakes. Take the master loose and pull it away from the hydroboost and see if the piston is coming out all the way. Is it just one tire locking up? Someone metioned dirty slides. This will certainly cause accelerated wear and draging. Guess it could lock up a wheel eventually. Look at some of these things and report back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks