• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake warning light on all the time

ICAT

I put my gauge panel together but now the brake warning light stays on with the brake on or off. I know it not the switch on the "parking brake". The wiring diagram on the top of the page does not show that circuit. Do I have to look in the A3 manual to find it? :grin:

ICAT

It doesn't have a wiring diagram but it did tell me the stoplight switch and brake warning light switch is common warning light

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Handbrake light is controlled by a switch that is physically turned by the hand brake handle. Up is on, down is off. Sometimes the switch needs to be located a little higher off the floor, and sometimes it needs to be rotated a bit to engage sooner.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They call it an idiot light for a reason. If yours stays on, you must be one.

BWAAAAAAAAhahahahahaha!

J/K is the parking brake switch adjusted right?

ICAT

Engagement is not an issue, the light is on all the time even with the hand brake switch disconnected. I know I have an unintentional ground, I just need to find it and I figured a diagram with that system would. I sure that light is controlled by more than the hand brake switch.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
What else could it be? Is there a low fluid sensor in the master cyl? If not, its got to be that or the light socket, right? I'll wait for someone with more experience to speak up.

ICAT

That give me a place to start. Thanks. Is there a wiring diagram out there with this curcuit on it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks