• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brand new 2017 M1078A1P2

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had a military vehicle show at the Oregon National Guard on Saturday to celebrate Armed Forces day and they brought out their brand new M1078A1P2. This thing has less than 100 miles, the center seat still has the plastic, the delivery cards are still in the windshield, the BII is still in the crate and strapped to the tailgate, and the manuals are shrink wrapped and still in the cab. It even has the new car smell.

IMG_0568.JPGIMG_0571.JPGIMG_0573.JPGIMG_0576.JPGIMG_0577.JPGIMG_0600.JPGIMG_0633.JPGIMG_0636.jpgIMG_0610.JPGIMG_0593.jpgIMG_0641 (1).JPGIMG_0586.jpg

Attachments

coachgeo

Did you get a chance to try those seats in there? I have the same seats and was contemplating them in mine.
Where did you get the seats? Are they used in other military trucks as well?

Wished he had gotten pics of the rear axle. Still curious of the spring perch design used if they are still using the Power Divider type axle at the rear in the single axle LMTV's. Or if they have gone to something entirely different.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you get the seats? Are they used in other military trucks as well?
I've scared up 4 brand new. Was going to put them in HMMWV but rethinking that as I have other options. These are mastercraft seats. I'm not sure where they were used but got them here and there from Uncle Sams Retail outlet.

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the CTIS: Yes, I noticed that. Scary thing is this truck was just delivered and hasn't been used so it had to come from Oshkosh that way.

Rear axle: Didn't get a picture, but it was the same as the mid on a 5-ton. Tried to check the gear ratio, but the stamping was so light I couldn't read it.

Seats: The seats are comfortable and a lot nicer than the stock seats. They aren't as nice as the commercial seats, but still a nice upgrade. I'm going to be installing a set out of a Mrap Caiman 2 in my M1083A1 this week.

Drop sides: have all gone to 3 hinges instead of 2. It's a small change, but nice.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I find it more interesting that they left Distro restricted TMs sitting on the center hump during a public event.

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have no idea how hard it was to leave the manual there :). The manual and the NIB BII in the back would have fit very nicely in the M1083A1 I brought for the event.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So is it a new new truck or a new truck remade out of an earlier A1?
HMMWVs were being rebuilt, but my understanding was that (especially LMTVs) the frames couldn't handle the upgrades, so they were being sold and new procured.

tommys2patrick

Love the suicide armored doors. Bet they take a good tug to get them moving. Are the bed seats armored so you can take reasonable cover in the bed? Is the engine upgraded HP and Torque?

scottmandu

Love the suicide armored doors. Bet they take a good tug to get them moving. Are the bed seats armored so you can take reasonable cover in the bed? Is the engine upgraded HP and Torque?
It's a Cat C7 275hp The bed seats are not armored. Also the cab is bullet resistant but I believe it only to be against small caliber hand guns. The nubs on the cab skin are for bolt on armor plates.

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a Cat C7 275hp The bed seats are not armored. Also the cab is bullet resistant but I believe it only to be against small caliber hand guns. The nubs on the cab skin are for bolt on armor plates.
Scott is correct. The LTAS cab is lightly armored and the glass is standard automotive glass. If you are expecting heavier fire, you need to bolt on the B-kit which includes armored windows. Troops in the back have no additional cover. There were some armored gun boxes made, but my understanding is that they are pretty rare. Even with the gun box, the troop area has no additional IED protection or overhead cover.

m1083A11.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks