• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brand new 2017 M1078A1P2

Terrh

I noticed these trucks now share the same taillights/etc as the LMTV trailers that I see. But maybe the A1's do too and I just never noticed.

I also gotta wonder with how top heavy these are, if you roll it there's no way you are getting out the "up" door.. but I guess there's always the roof hatch.

scottmandu

I noticed these trucks now share the same taillights/etc as the LMTV trailers that I see. But maybe the A1's do too and I just never noticed.I also gotta wonder with how top heavy these are, if you roll it there's no way you are getting out the "up" door.. but I guess there's always the roof hatch.
Tail light location was moved higher in 2005 or 2006. They are fairly top heavy, if you manage to roll one chances are good it will be on it's side and you can go through the door or the windshield.

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting note on the lights: Front turn signals, tail lights, and marker lights were all LED. Backup light and headlights were standard.

Didn't get pictures, but there were two pretty heavy counterweights in the back of the truck between the bed and frame rails to keep it from going over on its nose during heavy braking.

If it rolled onto its side, you would have to climb through the open window (if you are skinny) or kick out the windshield. This one didn't have a turret, so the hatch is bolted down. I haven't tried to lift one of the doors on mine, but they are really @#$@& heavy. It would be extremely difficult to open one against gravity.

Terrh

Kicking out a bulletproof windshield sounds fun.

There's no way you are lifting one of those doors if it's pointed at the sky, they must be 500+LB each judging by the hinges.

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have the B-kit installed and roll on the side, you are pretty much screwed unless you have a turret. The B-kit windshields are at least 2" and the side windows don't open.