• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Breakfast at 57th Fighter Group

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You do have something in your eye, it's called the eyeball.

Too bad I'm not there, I'd fix ya right up and get you out the door....and I even make house calls.

dangeroustyz

Just got back from 57th. Finaly met the great Zout. Caines and Chris (didnt get a screen name) What a great bunch of guys. Guess I will see everybody at "the cook out". Thanks again TMNT for the invite..:beer:

TMNT

Yep, I made it back home about 3:00 after a couple of stops. My neighbor was cutting trees and running a skid steer in the back yard. He dropped a tree through his privacy fence about 5 minutes after I drove up. His wife called him a few funny names (I thought they were funny) and then I drifted on home.

The boys and I really had a great time this morning. Thanks to Dangeroustyz (Chris), Zout (Dave), glcaines (Gary), Loki85 (Chris) for joining us. My boy Michael and his friend Anthony had a good time on the trip and each one ate 5 or 6 servings. Believe it or not, I stopped at Bojangles on the way home and they got more!

Clinto, I hope the damage to your eye is not too severe. We missed you this morning. I do hope all ends well with the doctor tomorrow. Safety glasses!

A couple of years ago, a 4-wheeling friend was installing some auxiliary lights and a tool slipped and struck the light. The light exploded glass back into his face and caused serious damage to his eyes. Stuff like that happens at very unexpected moments, from unexpected sources. Just moments before, he was drilling and grinding and wearing safety glasses. He took off the glasses after he finished drilling.

zout

Snuck out in the POV this morning with windows down just to enjoy the 70 degree temp ride up there.

I personally had a great time and sitting here still stuffed after an afternoon of working on the civy unit and I even had two helpings along with
desert that I usually don;t even consider.

Folks up at the 57 are professional - great food and an awesome view. I was sitting there watching someone in a helicopter nearly the whole time
wishing I could have been out in it.

Hey Clinto - I remember a fella a long time ago when I was doing fab work in a shop and the guy in the next bay fired up his big grinder with no
consideration for anyone - even less the paint work on the trucks in the bays around him. When all was said and done I had to get 11 metal pieces drilled
out of my eye and he had to pay for 3 paint jobs on trucks he destroyed due to metal grinding shavings red hot flying around. I even had my safety glasses on
but they were richoceting all over the place.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just rolled in at 9:30 PM. After leaving the 57th, I stopped by my daughter's house in Avondale Estates and helped clean up. I ended up with a very large load of scrap lumber, rock, etc. in my A3 and carried it home to be delivered to the dump later. Had a great time at 57th, but ate way too much. Clinto, I hope your eye is OK. Eye injuries are nothing to screw around with. I had patches on both eyes for 6 weeks in high school due to an explosion. I've been careful ever since.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks