• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bridge plate on passenger side door

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have seen it painted on, never seen an actual plate mounted on the door. I have some in my pics files.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My tractor was painted in 93 and has the bridge weight designation painted on the door. Also on the door of the wrecker although I just removed that door from an M35A2. And yes, the 5 is correct for the deuce tractor.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, guess I havn't been paying attention. :oops:

Anybody have dimensions for the painted on mark?

Checked David Doyle's "Standard Catalog" pages 500-501, and he has "6" for the M105 trailer, doesn't that seem a bit high (the number is fixed for a given vehicle)....and what about the M756A2 pipeline truck?

What about the trailers, any pix of them w/bridge plate marking?

Learn something every day.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never noticed a trailer with the markings. I know the front plate on my tractor gets changed when a semi trailer is added. The top plate also gets reversed to show the "C" indicating combination vehicle. I recall seeing something somewhere that 11 is the weight for the M756A2. I'll go out an measure mine to see what dimensions are. I also remember seeing a manual somewhere on my laptop for calculating the number. Once I find that I'll upload it to the site and let all know.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
My door has a 5 painted on it.
the bridgeplate on the grill is displaying 87

(both are how the truck was when I found it)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check ebay Jim, the bridgeplate pops up from time to time. I paid $10 plus shipping for mine and it was complete with all the numbers and the "C".

patch

And if there's nothing on ebay, you can get new ones from most of the usual MV parts dealers, priced about $18. One that comes to mind is Rick Larsen stencils, check MV Mag for his ad, and others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks