• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bringing an M35A2 out of the trees and back on the road

targhee trucks

Awesome. I just read each post start to finish. Great resurrection of your Deuce. Great job. Love the black smoke on the extended drive. This post will help me stay motivated through the weekend’s project. I am glad to know people can still "feel" for our history and this work horse of a truck. Good stuff. Now before hauling potatoes and such mount a 50cal up top : ) helps cut down anymore trees that may get in your way.
Thanks, glad you enjoyed the story. Best wishes on your project!

A "50"? I like that idea, I'll add it to the list. We have a few other pesky things around here besides trees that would be good for . . .

SSG ALBANESE

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the story. Best wishes on your project!

A "50"? I like that idea, I'll add it to the list. We have a few other pesky things around here besides trees that would be good for . . .

Now now those bears are sure to run away when chased by the truck haha : ) (bears may be faster)

maybe a warning pop shot lol Good luck!!!

targhee trucks

We came around a corner in our M38A1 one day last summer and found this guy standing up on his hind legs about 40 yards away from us.

Grizzly bear along the Jackass Loop.jpg

Grizzly across the meadow on the Jackass Loop.jpg

When we first saw him he was on the little hill you can see through the passenger side windshield. We stopped, he stood up on his hind legs and looked at us for a few seconds, then dropped down and wandered down the road. We watched him for about 15-20 minutes as he ate delicacies in the meadow.

We ended up having to wait for a hard sided vehicle to come along and move him far enough off the road so we could go by safely. Once he started to run he moved through the trees like they weren't even there. Very fast! Not sure the old Jeep could have outrun him.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks