• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bringing to Aberdeen 2011

R Racing

I have a mid size john deere with forks on the front that can pick up about 2500 lbs . Now if I could figure how to get it out of my m813 when I got there I may concider bringing it. wish I had a 18 ft pintle trailer to drag behind. I could bring the bumbble bee with the 35 ft trailer . But is there parking up there for it ??

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The NJ MTA show has a forklift on hand for use.... I always wondered why Aberdeen didn't. Seems the head of the NJ MTA show takes to heart the vendors suggestions, and impliments them. Kudos to him.

Plenty of parking for truck and trailers at Aberdeen.

Last edited:

R Racing

Ok I'll bring the JD tractor or will anyone have anything over 2500 to 3000 to lift? if so I need to know pronto so I can order and get forks for the skidsteer. This is the tow rig here.

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think there are pallets over 2500#. You will do well with what you are bringing, and I bet you can make back the cost of fuel.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Crap, I thought things were going to change this year. Guess it will be the same ole, same ole. 22 pallets by hand.

CGarbee

Hmmm, I have a list somewhere of what I put on the truck... :)
The XM813 is half loaded with misc truck parts for stuff ranging from M715, to M211's to M915's... Filters, accelerator cables, brake parts, fuel parts, electrical stuff, paint, manuals, etc.

I have a few things on the truck that are not for sale, but are being hauled up for folks, if I have stuff for you, try to swing by my location on Thursday night or Friday morning (yellow T8/T9/U4/U5) so that we can figure out how to get things out of my truck and into your hauler...

I've also got a fair amount of foodstuffs that are getting loaded on Wednesday morning (even though I have a local connection doing most of my shopping this year), but that is all earmarked for Friday night's East Coast Convoy supper (if you haven't joined yet, you still have time...) and a few others.

I can toss a M416 or M796 onto the trailer or in the other truck if anyone wants to make a deal... I also have a spare M416 tub that can be loaded. PM me if you have an interest in any of these.

Chuck will have the Convoy shirts at my location on Thursday and Friday for those folks who have ordered them who need to pay/pick them up. I'm pretty sure that he will have extras for sale as well...

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Last edited:

03silverado

I'll be up saturday for the day bringing my faithful silverado pickup the M813A1 just isn't ready to hit the highway yet as I have the fuel tank out and fuel costs to much right now

But I will have with me
• All three legs for machine guun mount for m809 series/M35 series dual can mount $400
• High back seats for I believe a HMMWV $240 (if they aren't spoken for before saturday)

I DO NOT have a spot so please PM or call me (443-867-5853 Michael) me if you are interested in either item I will have both with me Saturday

Planing on coming down fri with the boy cant wait.. only thing i have is a rebuilt bypassed deuce injector pump. its not new off the shelf, more like a good spare as i was told. have no need for it, so its fair game. man i wish my wife would let me keep more army junk than in my trailer... looking forward to see you all take care and be safe
[thumbzup]

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
plain and simple liability, this society is too litigious, and something could be damaged, unqualified operators, etc.
Should we be worried about cooking them a bad burger??? I think that we need to compensate for Little Joe's services and we hire at our own risk. Besides it saves back injuries and saves valuable time.